Championship and League 1 to return in March

Confirmation of live stream and pay per view as well:

Clubs have already agreed that games played behind closed doors will be streamed live on the RFL’s Our League platforms (app & website) on a pay per view basis, allowing supporters to watch fixtures even if they cannot attend in person – with home season ticket holders given free access to the live stream packages for their club’s league games.

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Barrow, West Wales and Keighley are the only L1 clubs competing in the Cup.

Says the others withdrew but I wonder if they were asked to withdraw or it was a names in a hat job. Seems a bit random.

Possibly many were put off by the idea of an earlier round apart from those 3.

12 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Oooo I do hope so..... and hope I can actually get to a game....

Watch at home for now - which is hopefully better than nothing and does at least allow for some rugby to be played.

I'm moderately tempted to get a Broncos season ticket now. Only moderately.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Hopefully we can get the two leagues started and up and running again and at some point, when it’s safe to, getting some fans in to watch live. 

I’d go tomorrow. Nobody’s telling me going to a socially distanced rugby match is less safe than Tesco’s or many of the other indoor places I could go legally (like working in a factory or warehouse). 

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’d go tomorrow. Nobody’s telling me going to a socially distanced rugby match is less safe than Tesco’s or many of the other indoor places I could go legally (like working in a factory or warehouse). 

The government are telling you just that, whether you agree with it or not. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

The government are telling you just that, whether you agree with it or not. 

Pretty much.... its hard to argue the point made by MOK ..... but I've kept myself and others as safe as I can so far..... so I suppose I'll just carry on.

Getting proper fed up now though.... on my ar se some days

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Pretty much.... its hard to argue the point made by MOK ..... but I've kept myself and others as safe as I can so far..... so I suppose I'll just carry on.

While I get his point, them’s the rules and they’re in place. I’d go and watch live sport again tomorrow if I could but we can’t, so that’s it. 

All the best though Robin, times are tough for everyone. Messages are open should you ever feel the need to vent/talk/whatever. 

5 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I see no problem with questioning the rules while sticking to them. We're not a communist regime (not yet, anyway!). 

Sooner fans are back the better. 

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

While I get his point, them’s the rules and they’re in place. I’d go and watch live sport again tomorrow if I could but we can’t, so that’s it. 

All the best though Robin, times are tough for everyone. Messages are open should you ever feel the need to vent/talk/whatever. 

Ta.... all is ok... I'm no different to thousands of others who are feeling it a bit and are of the mouldy side of being cheesed off.

And of course you are correct... mok's point is a legitimate one but the gov have laid down their laws.

I just look forward to living long enough to see another game, have a pint and talk utter sheeite with my family and friends at post office Road.... other stadia are available. 

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

There ain't much singing and shouting in Tesco,or places of employment.

It seems droplets and aerosols are a worry.

Singing and shouting

COVID-19 spreads from person to person through small droplets, aerosols and through direct contact. Singing, shouting and physical activity increases the risk of transmission through small droplets and aerosols.

If singing is expected to take place, spectators should be reminded of the risks. The cumulative effect of aerosol transmission means the more people involved, the higher the risk of transmission.

Based on public health advice for indoor performances,even where face coverings are mandated, crowds at indoor events should not participate in any activity that can create aerosols, including singing, shouting and chanting.

Event organisers should make spectators aware of these risks.

Source - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

21 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

There ain't much singing and shouting in Tesco,or places of employment.

It seems droplets and aerosols are a worry.

Singing and shouting

COVID-19 spreads from person to person through small droplets, aerosols and through direct contact. Singing, shouting and physical activity increases the risk of transmission through small droplets and aerosols.

If singing is expected to take place, spectators should be reminded of the risks. The cumulative effect of aerosol transmission means the more people involved, the higher the risk of transmission.

Based on public health advice for indoor performances,even where face coverings are mandated, crowds at indoor events should not participate in any activity that can create aerosols, including singing, shouting and chanting.

Event organisers should make spectators aware of these risks.

Source - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-phased-return-of-sport-and-recreation/elite-sport-return-to-competition-safe-return-of-spectators

Is that supposed to prove that it's less safe than working a factory? What about surface transmission?

51 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Is that supposed to prove that it's less safe than working a factory? What about surface transmission?

There’s a whole separate forum to discuss the whys and wherefores of the Covid rules.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Trying to be positive. UK R number now 0.8-1 and you are getting massively more vaccines done than here in Spain.  By March and certainly May, most at risk will be done.  People will be hungry for live events and RL will get much needed valuable data for the app in the meantime. 

I feel the worry is that whilst the UK is likely to be the first of the large nations to be "fully" vaccinated, that is still a way off. I don't see the All over Europe Euros happening in the way they hoped - perhaps we'll be in a situation where the UK might actually be the only nation in Europe that is in a position to host with mostly domestic and reasonably large crowds. That is being very optimistic though, though I agree with your general point that the UK seems to have the vaccine process well ahead of the rest of the continent.

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

There’s a whole separate forum to discuss the whys and wherefores of the Covid rules.

I know but nobody's telling me watching socially-distanced 80-minute rugby matches (once a fortnight or thereabouts) is less safe than eight-hour shifts (five days a week) in factories.

There is greater economic imperative for people to work in factories than go to the rugby and that’s why government has prioritised the former over the latter.

I believe we should have factories and rugby grounds open, for what it’s worth, and I can see no logical reasons (if not political reasons) why the Championship shouldn't have limited crowds when it kicks off at Easter.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I believe we should have factories and rugby grounds open, for what it’s worth, and I can see no logical reasons (if not political reasons) why the Championship shouldn't have limited crowds when it kicks off at Easter.

A Championship ground full. Crowd declared 500 scenario....

8 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It'll be sell 400 tickets and check people in, with the council on hand to monitor social distancing compliance ... scenario

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Duff logic. We read some workplaces are not adhering to social distancing or forcing people to come in instead of self-isolating but I don't hear anyone calling for all workplaces to be closed...

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Hope so.... im not convinced 

From non league football there were examples of clubs having to reduce their capacity as they failed to enforce social distancing and the council - who ultimately give them their safety certificates - noticed.

5 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Duff logic. We read some workplaces are not adhering to social distancing or forcing people to come in instead of self-isolating but I don't hear anyone calling for all workplaces to be closed...

Which workplaces?  If true they should be shut down

Archived