Remi Casty

audois

3Wfa-FV3.jpg.14b61432fdb4f7ca1914ca54574634a2.jpg

Pleased for him. He has the chance  to take 2nd French team into Super League. What a way to go out.

49448004_Remi-CASTY-et-Bernard-SARRAZAIN-a-la-signature-du-contrat--TO-XIII-LIGHT-scaled-1-324x160.jpg.df730841a442176c08c670b7389afc6e.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

So happy about this! I will take it a step further, here's my "utopia" scenario:

1) Wins promotion to SL 

2) Draws Catalans in Challenge Cup and eliminates them 

3) Comes out of international retirement for the World Cup 

4) He leads France past the group stage 

5) He then hangs up the boots.

And before you all rush to say "impossible" or "Toulouse don't play Challenge Cup" or whatever else, yes I know, hence the word utopia 🙂

Allez Remi! Allez Toulouse! 🇫🇷

His plan is to play for France at the world cup. It was one of the reasons he decided to do another year. Toulouse aren't  in the cup if i remember rightly. 

I'd hoped he'd go to english super league club and get a big send off at Brutus. I can see him doing a second year if toulouse get promoted 

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

His plan is to play for France at the world cup. It was one of the reasons he decided to do another year. Toulouse aren't  in the cup if i remember rightly. 

I'd hoped he'd go to english super league club and get a big send off at Brutus. I can see him doing a second year if toulouse get promoted 

Fantastic! Any chance of Jason Baitieri returning as well?  Was his problem specifically with the Marc Palanques administration?  So is there a chance that gets rectified now?

15 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Toulouse have made some really good signings for this season, really impressed with their squad now 

Toulouse certainly seem to have signed some real quality players and look to be pushing for promotion. What’s their likely first choice 17? Wikipedia hasn’t been updated yet and still has their 2020 squad listed.

Great to witness French Rugby League embracing the objectives of continual improvement.

Love the rough, tough, enterprising entertainment. 

Mr Casty is still a formidable quality forward and shall doubtless be a worthy addition to the Toulouse squad. 👍🏉

20 hours ago, audois said:

These are the eight new  players

1 Joseph Paulo St Helens

2 Dom Peyroux St Helens

3 Eloi Pelissier London Broncos

4 Mitch Garbutt Hull KR

5 Ben Reynolds Leigh

6 Andrew Dixon Toronto

7 Latrell Schaumkel Villeneuve/Lot

8 Remi Casty Catalans Dragons

Really pushed the boat out for 2021. The Saints players Grand Final winners in 2019/20

Six new forwards in the mix. Schaumkel wing/centre an Australian who impressed in Elite 1 last year

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

25 minutes ago, audois said:

Rest of the squad

Forwards

Vaivai Paterika

Sangare Justin

Puech Maxime

Marion Anthony

Hansen Harrrison

Evans Benjamin

Bretherton Joe

White Lloyd

Backs

Ader Bastien

Bergal Ilas

Ford Johnathon

Hitchcox Jy

Jussaume Mathieu

Kheirallah Mark

Marcon Paul

Vaivai Junior

24 in total

I think they will look at some Elite 1 lads too 3 or 4

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

What age do you bus passes in Toulouse ? Pack as an average age of 40ish

Evans 28, bretherton 25, marion 27, puech 26, hansen 35, vaivai 28, white 32, peyroux 32, dixon 30, garbutt 31, sangare 22, paulo 33, pelissier 28, casty 35...  

36 minutes ago, audois said:

Rest of the squad

Forwards

Vaivai Paterika

Sangare Justin

Puech Maxime

Marion Anthony

Hansen Harrrison

Evans Benjamin

Bretherton Joe

White Lloyd

Backs

Ader Bastien

Bergal Ilas

Ford Johnathon

Hitchcox Jy

Jussaume Mathieu

Kheirallah Mark

Marcon Paul

Vaivai Junior

24 in total

I think they will look at some Elite 1 lads too 3 or 4

Garcia, lima, pezet, Bouscayrol... 

Casty with TO coach Sylvain Houles at Stade Ernest Wallon. TO hardly got to terms with their new home base last year. Would be good to see them play a full season there in 2021. Maybe Finals football too.

mMUehPc5.jpg.69904f0b862058d6ffb7a06db882ac73.jpg

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Great news, lets hope on the field performance is the only barrier in the way!

It was saddening to see Leigh cherry picked over TO and hopefully its not a sign of things to come..

I am sure Leigh fans will agree, winning Promotion on the field is the best way. So if Toulouse are as good some on here seem to think, they should be red hot favourites to go up this coming season.

Archived