Declan Patton

DG70

1 hour ago, DG70 said:

Salfords new recruit, versatile player but can he play hooker? looks like an area where Salford should have strengthened, overall though their squad is looking really good,

Not an out an out hooker but can cover. 

Showed plenty of promise at Warrington but never fulfilled his potential, hope he does well at Salford 

50 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Showed plenty of promise at Warrington but never fulfilled his potential, hope he does well at Salford 

When I've watched the Wolves I've always felt the Patton's usage along with a few others were at the heart of them failing to be as dominant as they sould be.

But really 😀

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, DG70 said:

Salfords new recruit, versatile player but can he play hooker? looks like an area where Salford should have strengthened, overall though their squad is looking really good,

Saying the squad is looking really good is a bit of a stretch imo, they have a few good players but little depth to their squad. If they avoid too many injuries they should be good enough to stay up. 

Yeah I think he is a good young player and a change on environment and pressure will hopefully do him well. Squad is looking stronger than last year with good balance. Top 8 should be achievable and am looking to see how Marshall grows into the role as he appears to have a strong back room staff in place now to support him.

1 hour ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Should go well if he can recapture is form from 2 years ago, on paper Salford have a very strong squad now, Taylor,Lussick, Watkins, Lolohea, Brown, Livett, Burgess, Sarginson etc, can see them definitely up there challenging again.

4 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Yeah I think he is a good young player and a change on environment and pressure will hopefully do him well. Squad is looking stronger than last year with good balance. Top 8 should be achievable and am looking to see how Marshall grows into the role as he appears to have a strong back room staff in place now to support him.

Top 5 tbh, best Salford squad I have seen in many years, quality and depth.

24 minutes ago, DG70 said:

Top 5 tbh, best Salford squad I have seen in many years, quality and depth.

Need to be mindful of a new coach and structures that need to bed in. Also starting fixtures are important, if we can get a good start then confidence grows quickly and we saw how u can ride that wave 2 seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Saying the squad is looking really good is a bit of a stretch imo, they have a few good players but little depth to their squad. If they avoid too many injuries they should be good enough to stay up. 

You said they had no depth 6 signings ago,they will be nowhere near relegation.

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

When I've watched the Wolves I've always felt the Patton's usage along with a few others were at the heart of them failing to be as dominant as they sould be.

But really 😀

When he first started he looked promising, a view shared by pundits, but he never moved up consistently, but the CC final against saints was a good day. 

Does the emoji reflect your personality? 

7 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Hull KR, Wakefield, Leigh and Castleford or Salford

I’d be disappointed if we finished below hull kr, wakey and Leigh. Anything above upto saints and Wigan is beatable so all those places are up for grabs. Just depends which team get on a run and can build confidence whilst having limited injuries. 

1 hour ago, Stanley30 said:

I’d be disappointed if we finished below hull kr, wakey and Leigh. Anything above upto saints and Wigan is beatable so all those places are up for grabs. Just depends which team get on a run and can build confidence whilst having limited injuries. 

My view too, Saints and Wigan to battle out for the top 2, then it’s anyone’s fight for positions 3-9, except for the bottom 3, a close fight between Wakey, Leigh and Hull KR. Funny feeling Leeds and Huddersfield will take positions 3 and 4, so if lucky with injuries and some momentum Salford could just as easily be fighting for 5th, or be as low as 9th. Either way, not near the bottom.

14 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

When he first started he looked promising, a view shared by pundits, but he never moved up consistently, but the CC final against saints was a good day. 

Does the emoji reflect your personality? 😀

I think being picked and not being being in the side has a really bad outcome on confidence and progress.

I've thought for ages when he's been out of favour that I'd like Watto to get hold of him, now I'm glad he'll be coached by Danny Orr.

😀 More or less yes!

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think being picked and not being being in the side has a really bad outcome on confidence and progress.

I've thought for ages when he's been out of favour that I'd like Watto to get hold of him, now I'm glad he'll be coached by Danny Orr.

😀 More or less yes!

No his dad, played against and with him, always thought he needed a running side to his game because he did not put defenders in two minds as he more or less was going to pass or kick. Hope the coaches at Salford get more out of him, always like to see local lads doing well and Salford have a few of our former junior players. 

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

No his dad, played against and with him, always thought he needed a running side to his game because he did not put defenders in two minds as he more or less was going to pass or kick. Hope the coaches at Salford get more out of him, always like to see local lads doing well and Salford have a few of our former junior players. 

He has some ability, and I think he needs the right players around him. When things were going well at Wire and Ratchford, Clark, Brown or whoever was his partner were pulling the strings he could do a job, just moving the ball on and he worked hard. 

If those players weren't doing it, he went to pieces. His error count went up and the quality of kicks went down. 

I found him frustrating as you saw the odd glimpse from him where the odd pass he threw was Briers-esque, but he just never kicked on at all. 

But he has a lot of good memories, LLS, Grand Finals, including a try, and that Challenge Cup win in 2019. He has been part of some very good results for Wire. 

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If those players weren't doing it, he went to pieces. His error count went up and the quality of kicks went down. 

Well, we'll soon fix that so not to worry.

I thought for a moment you were going to blame him for all the times you lost to us!😉

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

have a few of our former junior players. 

That could open a can of worms about the uselessness of homegrown products!😮

Archived