Declan Patton

DG70

15 hours ago, Dave T said:

He has some ability, and I think he needs the right players around him. When things were going well at Wire and Ratchford, Clark, Brown or whoever was his partner were pulling the strings he could do a job, just moving the ball on and he worked hard. 

If those players weren't doing it, he went to pieces. His error count went up and the quality of kicks went down. 

I found him frustrating as you saw the odd glimpse from him where the odd pass he threw was Briers-esque, but he just never kicked on at all. 

But he has a lot of good memories, LLS, Grand Finals, including a try, and that Challenge Cup win in 2019. He has been part of some very good results for Wire. 

Theres been rumours of attitude problems with him hasn't there? He certainly seemed to have a  chip on his shoulder a few seasons ago on the pitch, taking exception to being tackled etc.

44 minutes ago, dkw said:

Theres been rumours of attitude problems with him hasn't there? He certainly seemed to have a  chip on his shoulder a few seasons ago on the pitch, taking exception to being tackled etc.

I don't know tbh, I don't think I've ever heard that, but I dont have any contacts. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I don't know tbh, I don't think I've ever heard that, but I dont have any contacts. 

I might be wrong but I`m sure I remember when he fell out of favour with Smith there were rumours of him having attitude problems in training etc.

28 minutes ago, dkw said:

I might be wrong but I`m sure I remember when he fell out of favour with Smith there were rumours of him having attitude problems in training etc.

There was talk at the time that he and andre savelio (ex junior team mates) were dropped for running their mouth off, nothing on field though.

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

#Wolves discussion thread found here folks!

I think, every post has been about Dec Patton, his playing ability, his attitude. 

In terms of thread drift, this is as good as it gets! 😄 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think, every post has been about Dec Patton, his playing ability, his attitude. 

In terms of thread drift, this is as good as it gets! 😄 

#pastnewsthreadfoundhere!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived