Players who were better in their 2nd spell with a club

Scubby

A player going back often doesn't work so well. Sometimes it is at the end of his career or for others it is just returning to familiar surroundings. Are there many examples of players who were better in their return spell at a club? I'm trying to thing of examples...

Perhaps Mark Aston who left Sheffield and returned to win the Lance Todd trophy? 

Any other examples?

I'll get back to you after John Bateman's had a few SL games under his belt.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Samkins in 2018❓

Very good, once he'd finally got over his injury. Better? Maybe.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

38 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Very good, once he'd finally got over his injury. Better? Maybe.

He's slower and less able to find a hole than he used to be. However he has so much nouse on the field and in the dressing room he's worth his weight in premium lager...... Might need to be supervised with the barmaid though 

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Good shout! What about 3rd time? 😄 

I think that a 3rd time at the Dragons could happen in 2021 for Gigot. It would be good to see 🙂

I cant think of any player who has played for a club 3 times and played their best 3rd time round. Can anyone?

I’ll confess I’m really struggling to remember players who have returned to the same club, much less done better the second time.  Can we just start listing players who have played for the club twice and go from there?  I’ll do some notable Wigan ones:

Leuluai

The Tomki

Denis Betts

None better the second time round...

Archived