2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - Final Results and Standings for the Season

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked a preliminary team with a group of players I wanted then at this point of the year used the auto complete. my initial predicted score for R1 is 1135 points.

More than likely I’ll start from scratch when the time gets nearer and fine tune the squad when we get to team list Tuesday before R1.

• Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - League Code: 936744 Join NOW only 5 places left ... all will go!
3 hours ago, Graham said:

I picked a preliminary team with a group of players I wanted then at this point of the year used the auto complete. my initial predicted score for R1 is 1135 points.

More than likely I’ll start from scratch when the time gets nearer and fine tune the squad when we get to team list Tuesday before R1.

I've put in a misfits team just to have a team in place.  I'll listen to all the podcasts over the next few weeks to keep in touch with what's going on but won't touch my team again until TLT.  From past experience so much can change its not worth tweaking all the time - unless you enjoy it of course! 

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

1 hour ago, Railway End said:

I've put in a misfits team just to have a team in place.  I'll listen to all the podcasts over the next few weeks to keep in touch with what's going on but won't touch my team again until TLT.  From past experience so much can change its not worth tweaking all the time - unless you enjoy it of course! 

Hopefully we’ll avoid any misfits when it comes to the real thing. 🤞

• Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - League Code: 936744 Only 3 places left ... Grab one now!
  • Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - League Code: 936744 Only 1 place left!

That’s it, in no time our league is full. 20/20
There’s a lot of familiar faces as well as some new and welcome ones.

If you are new to our TotalRL SC league, you might want to know it has been running for many years. 
Keep turning up here regularly through the season as we keep a record of our results, chat and encourage one another the best we can.

As of now there’s just 26 days before NRL Round 1 2021 kicks off.

Cheers!

1Rl55Gg.jpg

XMYczSE.jpg

• Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - League Code: 936744 - League Full
6 hours ago, Graham said:

That’s it, in no time our league is full. 20/20
There’s a lot of familiar faces as well as some new and welcome ones.

If you are new to our TotalRL SC league, you might want to know it has been running for many years. 
Keep turning up here regularly through the season as we keep a record of our results, chat and encourage one another the best we can.

As of now there’s just 26 days before NRL Round 1 2021 kicks off.

Cheers!

1Rl55Gg.jpg

XMYczSE.jpg

18th come September I'll take that 😁

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

• Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - League Full
2 hours ago, Graham said:

Well I was going to pick McInnes as my prime  hooker. but now it'll have to be someone else!

He was always going to be very expensive and a bit of a risk given the fact that the rest of the Saints line up isn't up to much and wouldn't be any help to him. To replace him Cook? Grant? Api? Or a bit left field like Mahoney or Friend? And who are we spending our prop money on given that Haas is out for the first few weeks?

On 16/02/2021 at 14:25, Graham said:

Most novel team name this season?

My favourite last year I think was 'Payne in the Haas'.

Quite like Tony's I'll Try Harder ... or similar!  🙂

It's a shame that Payne in the Haas are not competing again this year. From what I remember, they set the benchmark in this league and finished in the top 100-200? in Supercoach. 

20 hours ago, Graham said:

Cook and Grant are the forerunners surely. Expensive, but necessary I reckon. I notice Cam Smith is priced up there still. Surely he won be kicking off this season will he?!!!

As for props, I’ll likely uses a couple I used last time...

I am currently thinking of going without a gun hooker to start with, to balance things out elsewhere. If I had my last fiver and you asked me to place a bet on who will be the highest scoring hooker in 2021, my money would be on Grant. 

2 hours ago, JimBronco said:

I am currently thinking of going without a gun hooker to start with, to balance things out elsewhere. If I had my last fiver and you asked me to place a bet on who will be the highest scoring hooker in 2021, my money would be on Grant. 

Don't you think he might have to share time on the field with Brandon Smith? Like you, I think the money might be better spent elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Don't you think he might have to share time on the field with Brandon Smith? Like you, I think the money might be better spent elsewhere.

He may well have to share minutes, but I still don't think that is a major negative to not starting with him. He's going to be in a much better attacking team and that will result in him getting more chances to improve on last season's attacking stats. I think even when he played reduced minutes last season, his average didn't drop off too much. I was initially torn between him and Cook, to not having either and going cheap, to thinking it may be too much of a risk not going with a gun from the off. If I do go with a gun then I may well look for POD options in my 2RF. 

• 3 weeks later...

Team lists announced - SC team locked and loaded - bring it on!!! 💪

Good luck everybody. 

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

49 minutes ago, Graham said:

You make it sound so easy! 😀

My preliminary squad needs altering quite a lot after TLT. 

How many have you retained from last season RE?

I only have 3 who finished last season in my team.. Not sure if that is good or bad!

Archived