2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - Final Results and Standings for the Season

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Graham said:

Duplicated. 

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

19 hours ago, Graham said:

You make it sound so easy! 😀

My preliminary squad needs altering quite a lot after TLT. 

How many have you retained from last season RE?

G, From the players I finished with last year I've only got Matterson, Cleary and Tedesco. 

Not many cheapies about this season so I seem to have a side filled with mid pricers who hopefully can get the job done.  I've no gun hookers, 5/8 or CTW's which could work out well or totally kill my season in the first few weeks. 🤣🤞

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

52 minutes ago, Graham said:

Matterson, Cleary and Tedesco - three good 'uns.

I've got them too.

I just couldn't get a balanced side together when Teddy was in it - too expensive so I am taking a gamble of going without him. I disagree about a lack of cheapies. I think there are a few (particularly in CTW) who could make some good money with a bit of luck. However, many of them are at Wests or the Broncos, neither of whom are going to score too many tries this year.

• Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - Results finalised and posted Mondays

The first Round is over! Picking the squad from nothing is perhaps the hardest thing to do all season. 
For me I built my side around a core of last season’s reliables and hot scorers.

It’d be interesting to hear how you built your team, especially as there were plenty of high scores a fair few above me in our ladder. What were your successes and erm non-successes that round. What’ll you do about them?

No H2H yet so this week it’s just Total Points:

OprhM5R.jpg

YrB4c2j.jpg

Well done all.

• Graham changed the title to 2021 NRL SuperCoach League TotalRLSCLeague21 - After Round 1 - Updated Mondays

Disappointing  for me were Valentine Holmes, Jack Bird and Api Korisau especially when I had Liddle as a non playing sub on the bench. Charlie Stains would also be disappointing but he is a cheapie.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Josh Hodgson, Matt Lodge, Lachlan Lam, NAS and Fogarty the disappointments for me. Some other low scorers but they were expected. 

Everyone will get a second crack next week apart from Lodge who is injured and I don't think will be worth holding as he potentially was only playing until Haas is back anyway.  He might become Leeson Ah Mau but will have to wait whike TLT. 

Just read Angus Crighton suspended for 1 or 2 games.  Will be holding him though as he's a season long keeper. 

I took a punt on Dylan Brown at 5/8 that didn't work and I was very disappointed with the way Wayne Bennett had Cameron Murray playing. I have never scored as many point in round 1 (1197) so I should be very happy, but to be outside the top 10 of our league and outside the top 20k overall was worse than I had hoped to be!

48 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I took a punt on Dylan Brown at 5/8 that didn't work and I was very disappointed with the way Wayne Bennett had Cameron Murray playing. I have never scored as many point in round 1 (1197) so I should be very happy, but to be outside the top 10 of our league and outside the top 20k overall was worse than I had hoped to be!

There's a lot of us clustered around the middle.

That top score is amazing for a first week - building a team from scratch - 1445 

It was a really high scoring first round.  It feels like the new rules have lead to the forward scores rising as the ball is in play more so more hit ups/tackles to be had. 

Well the first hurdle of the week is over. All the players I’m likely to use are selected after TLT.

These three rounds are the ones where the prices of players remains the same. They only go up or down after R3. So getting rid of underperformers and replacing with those likely to gain value is worth thinking about.

Of course we’ve only one round to go on so far.

On 22/03/2021 at 08:51, Graham said:

What a disaster that round was for me. One of my centres selected didn’t play. Another not selected scored 91. Ninety one!

Ouch!

Ouch. I'll give you ouch Gutherson saves try after try against the Storm and earns 32 points. Laurie my non playing squad member earns 75 as Wests Tigers full back after being demolished by the Roosters. 

Something ain't right 😁

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Disaster is shaping up for round 3 too!

With knobs on!!!!! Before trades I own all of Matterson, Cleary and Papenhuysen, none of whom will play, but who are my best points scorers. How many trades to burn on repairing the damage, or do I save them for money making players with low break evens?

47 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

With knobs on!!!!! Before trades I own all of Matterson, Cleary and Papenhuysen, none of whom will play, but who are my best points scorers. How many trades to burn on repairing the damage, or do I save them for money making players with low break evens?

I’m going to take the short term pain

Archived