David Mead

David Mead signed with the Brisbane Broncos on January 13, 2021.

I wonder whether his departure from Catalans was because the Catalans chairman was facing a financial pinch, as a result of Covid related problems, and was looking to cut costs, or because David had previously received an offer from Brisbane.

Either way his departure was a loss for Catalans, as he is a very good player. The only silver lining is that a French player like Arthur Romano has a better chance of playing more games in the Catalans Super League team this year, and another French player Fouad Yaha has pretty much cemented his wing position in the run on team.

14 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I wonder whether his departure from Catalans was because the Catalans chairman was facing a financial pinch, as a result of Covid related problems, and was looking to cut costs, or because David had previously received an offer from Brisbane.

Either way his departure was a loss for Catalans, as he is a very good player. The only silver lining is that a French player like Arthur Romano has a better chance of playing more games in the Catalans Super League team this year, and another French player Fouad Yaha has pretty much cemented his wing position in the run on team.

Don’t be so sure. They’ll likely sign some bog average Aussie or kiwi to take his place rather than give a Frenchman a shot unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Don’t be so sure. They’ll likely sign some bog average Aussie or kiwi to take his place rather than give a Frenchman a shot unfortunately.

I think that it’s too late for that to happen this year. Moreover you are underestimating the financial strains that the Covid pandemic has imposed on the club.

2 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Maybe he was just surplus to requirements,was probably on big mone but was more solid than spectacular on the pitch.

19 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Maybe he was just surplus to requirements,was probably on big mone but was more solid than spectacular on the pitch.

I agree with this. I never watched Mead at Catalans and thought what a player. He's certainly not the type to pay big money to. 

5 hours ago, Davo5 said:

History,culture and intelligent conversation ?

David Mead is from a country with more cultures and languages than in all of Europe combined.

He’ll be moving to Queensland (not far from his birthplace) where there are cultural practices so old the Egyptian pyramids look like they were built yesterday in comparison.

Queensland is also rugby league central and makes Wigan look like a town obsessed with soccer.

Queensland also lacks Covid.

4 hours ago, Copa said:

David Mead is from a country with more cultures and languages than in all of Europe combined.

He’ll be moving to Queensland (not far from his birthplace) where there are cultural practices so old the Egyptian pyramids look like they were built yesterday in comparison.

Queensland is also rugby league central and makes Wigan look like a town obsessed with soccer.

I hear they've discovered two new reasons for keeping sheep too. Meat and wool. 

3 minutes ago, Copa said:

They do drink XXXX in QLD. That almost counteracts the attraction of a Covid free state .... almost.

cause and effect surely... they drink XXXX therefore Covid has been killed by the rancid unholy hell water.. 

1 minute ago, Copa said:

Jesus.... what do the Irish do with them?!

Ha ha, is that kind of joke still allowed these days?

Apparently the innovation was thought up by the Aussies, the Welsh and the Irish are still resisting the changes!

Lol. 

11 hours ago, Copa said:

Is 2000 KM not far ?

Archived