Crispin Carter

Bearman

I have been contacted by a lady who is trying to trace her Grandads career. As it happens he was also related to me, he was my Great Uncle. I know that he played in the first Coventry Northern Union team before WW1 and she believes he had played for Bradford Northern before that. He was a Barrow lad and presumably played either for Barrow or one of the amatuer teams before that. His name was Crispin Carter. Does anyone have any info on him?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I've found him, in the ever excellent "Keeping the Dream Alive" - Dave Huitson, Keith Nutter and Steve Andrews' imperious Who's Who of every player who played for Barrow up to 2008. 

I've taken photos of the info therein, but I can't upload the images for some reason. I could email them to you if you like, but maybe Steve Andrews might have better source material? 

On 28/01/2021 at 13:34, Dave W said:

I've found him, in the ever excellent "Keeping the Dream Alive" - Dave Huitson, Keith Nutter and Steve Andrews' imperious Who's Who of every player who played for Barrow up to 2008. 

I've taken photos of the info therein, but I can't upload the images for some reason. I could email them to you if you like, but maybe Steve Andrews might have better source material? 

Thanks.

I have been in touch with Steve and he has kindly sorted some pictures which he is loaning to me to pass copies to his Granddaughter.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Archived