Schoey: Too many cooks at Leigh?

Apart from failing to realise that most clubs have 2-4 assistant coaches now, understanding what the purpose of an “Operations Manager” is or does, what the Director of Rugby role at Leigh looks like, admitting that he doesn’t actually know what a Director of Rugby does and failing to have a quick Google search and seeing that Neil Jukes isn’t listed with the first team staff on the Leigh website, it’s a gem of an article from him, yet again. 

9 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Apart from failing to realise that most clubs have 2-4 assistant coaches now, understanding what the purpose of an “Operations Manager” is or does, what the Director of Rugby role at Leigh looks like, admitting that he doesn’t actually know what a Director of Rugby does and failing to have a quick Google search and seeing that Neil Jukes isn’t listed with the first team staff on the Leigh website, it’s a gem of an article from him, yet again. 

I came on here expecting having to say the same but you've saved me the trouble. I've seen similar comments from some Leigh fans panicking at the site of Neil Jukes name involved with the club again, but having been in the corporate for a couple of games this year I can safely say he has nothing to do with playing matters on match day. 

18 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Neil Jukes is employed in part to assist in a coaching role, fact.

But as a Leigh fan I am totally in agreement that there seems to be to much money being spent behind the scenes when it is new bodies on the field that should be the primary requirement. Since being promoted to SL we have signed Lewis Tierney and been linked with Ben Barba nothing else has come out of the club. 

To say this fan who has purchased a season ticket and the club has stated all season ticket sales will be spent on players saleries is disgruntled with proceedings would be an understatement.

8 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

I came on here expecting having to say the same but you've saved me the trouble. I've seen similar comments from some Leigh fans panicking at the site of Neil Jukes name involved with the club again, but having been in the corporate for a couple of games this year I can safely say he has nothing to do with playing matters on match day. 

Not on match days that is agreed Rob, but in a coaching capacity on the training grounds, yes he is.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not on match days that is agreed Rob, but in a coaching capacity on the training grounds, yes he is.

I've no qualms with him lending a hand during the week. He was a very capable assistant for many years, he just wasn't cut out for the top job.

To say this fan who has purchased a season ticket and the club has stated all season ticket sales will be spent on players saleries is disgruntled with proceedings would be an understatement.

Didn't Leigh get a lot less SKY money to spend and very late on? 

What is the chairmans business is that doing OK?  thanks.......

But as a Leigh fan I am totally in agreement that there seems to be to much money being spent behind the scenes when it is new bodies on the field that should be the primary requirement. Since being promoted to SL we have signed Lewis Tierney and been linked with Ben Barba nothing else has come out of the club. 

The recruits will come soon enough, personally I'd rather we took our time to get the best we can in this situation. With only 2 overseas spots available and a good chunk of the squad signed up prior to the announcement it's vital that the signings are the right quality to give us a chance of staying up.

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Jukes isn’t involved with coaching, unless the coaches ask him for an opinion. He works FT at AB Sundecks and assists in off field stuff at the club.

Derek is doing his best to bring in but as favourites for the drop and 1 year deals we are not at the top of players lists.

if we fail to sign anymore we will enter next year a very wealthy club, but the players feel they will stay up and will fight for everything for 80 mins a game

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Sounds like jobs for the boys, and as a Widnes fan with memories of the Rule Era, this strategy doesn't always work out and things could go pear shaped quickly down parsonage way

To be fair to Schoey he does have extensive experience of successfully running commercial organisations.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived