New Houses Opposite Rams

Hugh Jarce

Like it or not (and I don't) the Barratt Houses to be built (260 of them) opposite the Rams Stadium will potentially provide new supporters.

I hope plans will be made to encourage them to the games (if we ever have any)

The Club will be looking at this as a positive I guess.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I’m not in favour of the plans either but hopefully the club can gain additional support from the new residents.

What about the club opening up somewhere at the ground selling decent coffee,food & drinks near to the Beaumont terrace or South Stand so that it’s visible from the road side?

I know the truck stop the club opened some years ago failed but an outlet done correctly with some improved access to the stadium and visibility from the road would do really well. Considering the huge amount of new footfall from the existing and new proposed housing estates it could be a great extra income stream for the club.

Forgot to mention the large number of building contractors who’ll be working onsite and the passing traffic on what will be an even busier road.

rambo.gif

On 28/01/2021 at 10:42, Hugh Jarce said:

Like it or not (and I don't) the Barratt Houses to be built (260 of them) opposite the Rams Stadium will potentially provide new supporters.

I hope plans will be made to encourage them to the games (if we ever have any)

The Club will be looking at this as a positive I guess.

They won't need to buy season tickets. The way that the houses will be positioned  and the steep angle of the land overlooking the ground, means that they'll just need to go into their bedrooms, look out of the window and watch the game for free. Quite handy, especially if it's a cold day.

13 hours ago, Lupset Ram said:

They won't need to buy season tickets. The way that the houses will be positioned  and the steep angle of the land overlooking the ground, means that they'll just need to go into their bedrooms, look out of the window and watch the game for free. Quite handy, especially if it's a cold day.

That is sure to add £10k to the prices of those houses in such a prime position.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 30/01/2021 at 11:46, Blind side johnny said:

That is sure to add £10k to the prices of those houses in such a prime position.

They will be in demand then, Piggy's Mate will be ordering his off plan getting to in on the early bird offer!! 😂😂

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Well im not sure if this good news or bad news. 

At least over 520 potential new customers, friends, family to bring along sounds great news

Now unfortunately the reality check

Bywell Rd & Canterbury Estate currently under invasion from people that have historically virtually no interest in Rugby league, so 50% of the new potential customers might never walk through the door. 

This scenario has of new builds on our doorstep has happened twice, with the flats bottom of Windsor Road on the old pit baths site, and more recently on the old tip site, these 2 potential new customer hot spots yielded very little support and now thru complaining about noise, night games, car boot, football, tannoy are a bit of a pain in the a.Ss

So what will it be?? 

260 potential customers

Or

260 more moaners about the rugby ground?? 

We will wait and see

But they won't be eating at the new Mcdonalds 🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Well im not sure if this good news or bad news. 

At least over 520 potential new customers, friends, family to bring along sounds great news

Now unfortunately the reality check

Bywell Rd & Canterbury Estate currently under invasion from people that have historically virtually no interest in Rugby league, so 50% of the new potential customers might never walk through the door. 

This scenario has of new builds on our doorstep has happened twice, with the flats bottom of Windsor Road on the old pit baths site, and more recently on the old tip site, these 2 potential new customer hot spots yielded very little support and now thru complaining about noise, night games, car boot, football, tannoy are a bit of a pain in the a.Ss

So what will it be?? 

260 potential customers

Or

260 more moaners about the rugby ground?? 

We will wait and see

But they won't be eating at the new Mcdonalds 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Dewsbury population c.60k.

Average attendance c.1200

Therefore, expected increase from development 6-8.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived