10 Years for Red Star Belgrade

8 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

It’s pretty crazy to think how far they’ve come in 10 years. Overthrowing Dorcol and then taking on Millom in the CC. Absolutely fantastic. Best part is they have a thriving youth and female setup. 

Buy a jersey!

I think having the Red Star name was always going to be a big advantage. Colin Kleyweg's involvement also played a crucial role in take them up a level.

Also worth noting they have prodced two players that made it to Elite 1 in France (Nikolic and Calic) plus a few more that have played Elite 2. I would love to see them play in the Challenge Cup again in the near future.

Regarding Dorcol, the new Dorcol team, the Tigers are quickly catching up to Red Star and Partizan, their U19 team just won the league, so keep an eye out for them. Will be great to see a genuine 3-way battle for the premiership over there again. 

15 minutes ago, langpark said:

I think having the Red Star name was always going to be a big advantage. Colin Kleyweg's involvement also played a crucial role in take them up a level.

Also worth noting they have prodced two players that made it to Elite 1 in France (Nikolic and Calic) plus a few more that have played Elite 2. I would love to see them play in the Challenge Cup again in the near future.

Regarding Dorcol, the new Dorcol team, the Tigers are quickly catching up to Red Star and Partizan, their U19 team just won the league, so keep an eye out for them. Will be great to see a genuine 3-way battle for the premiership over there again. 

Is the new Dorcol team a merger between the Spiders and Belgrade Tigers?

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Just tried to buy this jersey (which I prefer to the 10 year one) in L, I can get it into the basket but then have no idea what’s what as (understandably) it’s all in Serbian. Gutted. 

https://www.rlkcrvenazvezda.com/производ/sublimated-elite-jersey/

Not sure what browser your using but if you open it in chrome it should give you an option to translate it. Plus theres a little GB badge you can click that should change the language.

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

Not sure what browser your using but if you open it in chrome it should give you an option to translate it. Plus theres a little GB badge you can click that should change the language.

I was doing it on my phone, will try a laptop then - thanks 👍

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Works fine on my phone. 

Better choice of shirt than the ten year one. I prefer the one you’ve chosen myself. 

Where is the bit to change it to English, if you can be bothered to look again? 

Edit - found it. Says it’s available on back order,  no idea what that means. 

10 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

What will the next 10 years look like for red star?

More kids (and therefore later on adults) playing hopefully, and more clubs (I gather they’re down to 7 or 8 in Serbia). Hopefully a few more appearances in the Challenge Cup too. 

33 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

What will the next 10 years look like for red star?

Hopefully... not just multiple walkovers and the odd close shave (and loss) against Partizan. Let's hope Dorcol, Partizan and clubs like New Belgrade start to win a few championships, and they all get their chances in the Challenge Cup.. or Lord Derby.?

I've said this before, but it would be great if Our League could bundle up the League 1 and NCL games, with French and Serbian (i.e. all the countries playing the RELF game in Europe) in one product of live games and highlights. I've really enjoyed the live streamed Serbian games, and they deserve a wider audience.

2 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Hopefully... not just multiple walkovers and the odd close shave (and loss) against Partizan. Let's hope Dorcol, Partizan and clubs like New Belgrade start to win a few championships, and they all get their chances in the Challenge Cup.. or Lord Derby.?

I've said this before, but it would be great if Our League could bundle up the League 1 and NCL games, with French and Serbian (i.e. all the countries playing the RELF game in Europe) in one product of live games and highlights. I've really enjoyed the live streamed Serbian games, and they deserve a wider audience.

Great idea.

Archived