Tony Gigot returns to Avignon

Alan, I remember being at Lezignan when Gigot returned first time with Avignon after his trips away to Dragons,TO et al. I thought to myself that day no way would he get back to Catalans but that proved me wrong.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

I haven’t seen Gigot acting up in the flesh so really don’t know whether TO would want him.  I would say that they need some more quality of his standard.  Whether he delivers to the standard he is capable of is another matter!

Two other observations.  Tomkins ‘underhand’ action last season - does that fit Catalans ethics?  

Secondly, barring one stupid indiscretion at Doncaster,  Miloudi didn’t say boo to a goose while he was at Hull, or at Toronto, yet comes back to France and reverts to his former antics with his new club Palau.  Mentality of these guys makes me shake my head sometimes.

His behavior is undoubtedly a factor, but there are also those around him. His agent didn't advise him well. To make him believe that he would sign in NRL or in a professional rugby union club with a higher salary than he had at the Catalan Dragons is totally crazy. Let's not forget that the Catalan club saved his career when he was suspended.

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

2 hours ago, fcl said:

His behavior is undoubtedly a factor, but there are also those around him. His agent didn't advise him well. To make him believe that he would sign in NRL or in a professional rugby union club with a higher salary than he had at the Catalan Dragons is totally crazy. Let's not forget that the Catalan club saved his career when he was suspended.

Isn't it strange that he would leave the Dragons, without first securing a place in the NRL or RU?

Perhaps its time to change agents.

Or was he eased out of the Dragons against his will? 

A talented player when things are going well. Though not the type of character I'd want alongside me in the trenches when the hard work needs doing. I hope he finds his 'forever home' soon.

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Isn't it strange that he would leave the Dragons, without first securing a place in the NRL or RU?

Perhaps its time to change agents.

Or was he eased out of the Dragons against his will? 

He left the club in 2011, went to Toulouse, then Avignon, St.George then Cronulla (didn’t get a start), London Broncos, Avignon again before eventually returned the Catalans 2015. (I think that’s the right year).  

He made an indiscretion with the drug testers in 2017 and was banned for 2 years.  Guasch challenged it and the ban was quashed (around 3/4 months later).  Strangely, the anti drug authority challenged this and the ban was then reinstated.  

The Club continued to support him through this ban, he returned to the club, they won the Challenge Cup and Gigot won the Lance Todd trophy.  1st Frenchman to win it I think.

IMO, it was his apparent short memory in the support given him by Guasch that became an issue when he began asking for more money, so the initial offer Catalans made him was taken away.  Pretty stupid really.  

Archived