Sky TV deal

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

Our experimental super backer, just need 12 more like him but with a lot more confirmed money and a lot more commitment. 

I would not count Argyle out just yet Smudge....I wouldn't do that just yet...just saying....

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

Our experimental super backer, just need 12 more like him but with a lot more confirmed money and a lot more commitment. 

As well as a higher standard of business ethics and a competent back office team.

On 15/02/2021 at 10:26, Dave T said:

Super League doesn't have a strategy for NA expansion. In the same way none of the other UK-based sports leagues do.

This needs to be taken out of SL's hands, it needs to be an IRL / RLEF / CRL plan. That's not to say it may not include the RFL/SL in future, but these organisations should not be assuming responsibilities of other governing bodies.

True, but every other sport based in the UK that had a footprint in North America, would not have been stupid enough to let it go, when the sports biggest benefactor over the years (Sky) was sold to Comcast, a North American company.

Every other sport with an ounce of common sense, would have sold in how marvelous Toronto are and how the game is just about to explode in the region and tell comcast how fantastic it would be for them, to be the organisation that could ignite the spark that would bring this explosive, revolutionary new sport to the masses in NA.

A game that has the handling skills of the NBA,

The running skills on show at a level only previously seen by the best Running Backs in the Nfl

A game that surpasses the speed and hits seen in NHL

Warriors for players that rival the fiercest mma fighters in terms of hardness, bravery and aggression and delivers that in one package = RL.

Not RL though, we will appoint Elstone who came in to his position with a chip on his shoulder and an itch to get rid of them. 

If Sky had not been run by Australians, there is no way RL would have ever got the publicity it has over the years.

2 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

True, but every other sport based in the UK that had a footprint in North America, would not have been stupid enough to let it go, when the sports biggest benefactor over the years (Sky) was sold to a Comcast, a North American company. Every other sport with an ounce of common sense would have sold in how marvelous Toronto are and how the game is really looking to expand in the region and tell comcast how marvelous it would be for them, to be the organisation that could bring this revolutionary new sport to the masses in NA. That has the handling skills of the NBA, Ball running skills on show at a level only previously  seen by the best Running Backs in the Nfl, a game that surpasses the speed and hits in of ice hockey, warriors for players that rival the fiercest mma fighters in terms of hardness, bravery and aggression and delivers that in one package = RL.

Not RL though, we will appoint Elstone who came in to his position with an witching to get rid of them. 

If Sky had not been run by Australians, there is no way RL would have ever got the publicity it has over the years.

No other sport would have entertained this. 

15 minutes ago, steve oates said:

Thanks. What improvements would you like to see that the BBC do well for other sports? 

I think, if you watch other sports done by the Beeb, you'll see for yourself how much better it is.

My interest in other sports is limited TBH.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

48 minutes ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

Sky say big announcement at 2pm 

Could be TV deal? 

I've just come on here because of what I've read on the other social  media outlet ,dont know wether I'm allowed to name it . Anyway I came here to see if it has any credibility.  TWP  has been mentioned! I've nowt against the Pack and felt for their fans ,but I think it was a bit of mischief on there . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

I've just come on here because of what I've read on the other social  media outlet ,dont know wether I'm allowed to name it . Anyway I came here to see if it has any credibility.  TWP  has been mentioned! I've nowt against the Pack and felt for their fans ,but I think it was a bit of mischief on there . 

What? It’s a pop up Rugby League channel on Sky. 

1 minute ago, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

I like to be positive on this forum, but that is a bit of an anti climax 

If it’s just Grand Final Gold on a loop, that’ll be pretty depressing (and not least because it’ll be like Groundhog Day again watching Leeds beat us). If it’s full games from years goneby, it won’t be too bad. 

If it’s advertised as well, it’ll be good and should get some eyes on us. 

On 17/02/2021 at 21:42, DOGFATHER said:

True, but every other sport based in the UK that had a footprint in North America, would not have been stupid enough to let it go, when the sports biggest benefactor over the years (Sky) was sold to Comcast, a North American company.

Every other sport with an ounce of common sense, would have sold in how marvelous Toronto are and how the game is just about to explode in the region and tell comcast how fantastic it would be for them, to be the organisation that could ignite the spark that would bring this explosive, revolutionary new sport to the masses in NA.

A game that has the handling skills of the NBA,

The running skills on show at a level only previously seen by the best Running Backs in the Nfl

A game that surpasses the speed and hits seen in NHL

Warriors for players that rival the fiercest mma fighters in terms of hardness, bravery and aggression and delivers that in one package = RL.

Not RL though, we will appoint Elstone who came in to his position with a chip on his shoulder and an itch to get rid of them. 

TWP went bust because of a dubious owner.  They also proposed not playing the first half of the season at home because of the weather and in any event their squad was based in Manchester.

It strikes me there was very little that was sound about Toronto's proposals.  

16 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What? It’s a pop up Rugby League channel on Sky. 

Yup. Nice to see.

Depressing the amount of negativity it's immediately generated on social media.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Yup. Nice to see.

Depressing the amount of negativity it's immediately generated on social media.

This is exactly the kind of thing people shouted for when Darts got their pop up channel. Until we got one and then it's not good enough.

It's almost as though nobody can ever win in RL isn't it?

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

If it’s just Grand Final Gold on a loop, that’ll be pretty depressing (and not least because it’ll be like Groundhog Day again watching Leeds beat us). If it’s full games from years goneby, it won’t be too bad. 

If it’s advertised as well, it’ll be good and should get some eyes on us. 

40 full games from years gone by, including the 1994 Premiership Final, so not all just recent games.

Sounds awesome to be honest!

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

We best all make sure we stay tuned for the full 24 hours for 4 days!!! 

God, imagine the level of moaning from RL fans after they've missed their good night's sleep.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

40 full games from years gone by, including the 1994 Premiership Final, so not all just recent games.

Sounds awesome to be honest!

Yeah I read up on it. Quite looking forward to some of the earlier Super League stuff and pre-SL stuff. My Sky+ will get quite the battering. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Yeah I read up on it. Quite looking forward to some of the earlier Super League stuff and pre-SL stuff. My Sky+ will get quite the battering. 

They mention the World Club games - it would be good if they showed some of the 1997 games - many of them were walkovers, but there were also some absolute crackers. Obviously not the Wire games!!!

Archived