Sky TV deal

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Either that or Super League you'd hope

To me, it looks like it will remain Sky Sports Arena but with a hashtag of #RugbyLeagueTakeover in use and probably up on screen.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

To me, it looks like it will remain Sky Sports Arena but with a hashtag of #RugbyLeagueTakeover in use and probably up on screen.

I think it's pretty straight forward to change the name of the channel - if memory serves we did it for the Masters? I'll try and find out from some of the devs/content curators I know on Q.

8 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think it's pretty straight forward to change the name of the channel - if memory serves we did it for the Masters? I'll try and find out from some of the devs/content curators I know on Q.

Yes, I don't think it's hard but it's also not referred to in the story which only says that Sky Sports Arena will have a #RugbyLeagueTakeover

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 4 weeks later...

Although, again, I'm not sure administrators should be the ones who get the hour-long interviews, at least Pearson was engaging and interesting here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p098ccvd

However the relevant part is the following (around 45:30)-

We're negotiating at the minute to get some terrestrial games with the BBC for 2022, ten fixtures... alongside Sky...

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Although, again, I'm not sure administrators should be the ones who get the hour-long interviews, at least Pearson was engaging and interesting here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p098ccvd

However the relevant part is the following (around 45:30)-

Thanks for sharing that, So the plan seems to be private equity + Sky deal + terrestrial coverage via the BBC = growth. 

• 5 weeks later...

Now might not be a bad time to be negotiating given Sky's biggest property could potentially lose it's biggest names.

Guaranteed viewers for a relative pittance isn't something you'd want to be losing right now if you were Sky. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

It's also clear from watching today's activity that Sky thrive on promotion and relegation - and so do journalists. 

Nice selling point for the game. 

"Family Game" / "Community Game" - Sure Sky Sports & The RFL will be singing from the same hymn sheet. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

35 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

It's also clear from watching today's activity that Sky thrive on promotion and relegation - and so do journalists. 

Nice selling point for the game. 

"Family Game" / "Community Game" - Sure Sky Sports & The RFL will be singing from the same hymn sheet. 

Family game? 🤣

3 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Family game? 🤣

Rugby League prides itself on being a family game which is inclusive, uncompromising and passionate, and the principles of RESPECT, set out the obligations on all participants to maintain the game's high standards.

Source > https://www.giantsrl.com/the-club/respect-policy#:~:text=GENERAL PRINCIPLES Rugby League prides,maintain the game's high standards.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Rugby League prides itself on being a family game which is inclusive, uncompromising and passionate, and the principles of RESPECT, set out the obligations on all participants to maintain the game's high standards.

Source > https://www.giantsrl.com/the-club/respect-policy#:~:text=GENERAL PRINCIPLES Rugby League prides,maintain the game's high standards.

The reality is very different though 

Archived