Quiz question

Keep The Faith

Total guess but I'm going for st. Helen's knowlsey rd and Danny maun

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

Batley played against Thatto Heath at St Helen's 1990, in the Challenge Cup

I went to that game.

Think Paul Gearey scored a couple and we won quite comfortably if I remember correctly.

was it a night match?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Yep it was a Friday night, Anyone remember the piayers? I have given there initiajs.

1) P S 2) N W 3) A W, 4) P M, 5) B W,  6) S W 7) J S  8  M S  9) M S 10) M S 11) M C 12) Paul Gearey

13) M F. 

The two subs were to be announces

Who was the coach P D and Assistant coach K C?

How much did Batley get for getting through to the next round?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

3 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Yep it was a Friday night, Anyone remember the piayers? I have given there initiajs.

1) P S 2) N W 3) A W, 4) P M, 5) B W,  6) S W 7) J S 😎 M S 9) M S 9) M S 10) M S 11) M C 12) Paul Gearey 13) M F. 

The two subs were to be announces

Who was the coach P D and Assistant coach K C?

How much did Batley get for getting through to the next round?

1.Paul storey

2.Nicky Wragg?

3.Andy Williams 

4.Paul Marshall

5.Brian waites

6.Simon Wilson

7.Jon stainburn

8.Mark spendler

9.mark Scott

10.Mark Speight

11.Mark cook?

13.Mark fortis

coach Paul Daley

assistant ?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

3 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

1. Paul Storey

2. Nicky Wragg

3. Andy Williams

4. Paul Marshall

5. Brian Waites

6. Simon Wilson

7. John Stainburn

8 Mark Spendler

9. Mark Scott

10. Mark Speight

11. Mark Cook

13 Mark Fortis

Coach Paul Dailey

good grief.

almost identical post.

On 10/02/2021 at 15:57, Keep The Faith said:

Keith cotton 

Batley also played another Cup tie at Knowsley road in 2009... 

We sure did. Ash lindsay had a blinder playing like john bateman against all the "bigger boys"

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

3 hours ago, 9' oller said:

We sure did. Ash lindsay had a blinder playing like john bateman against all the "bigger boys"

Not that afternoon we sure didn't... I remember a try in the last 10 minutes just making sure we clinched a place in the hat for the next round 

Thought you were referring to our saints cup tie. Thursday night i think.

Sean richardson with his blackbrook mates were cheering for batley.

Archived