George Burgess

Damien

22 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

He is only 28 so even if it takes him 2 years to properly get over the operation and subsequent recovery he is still young enough to have several years back in the game. Time will tell and good luck to him, hopefully he will return.

He can have 5 or 6 years out, Catalan will have a spot for him then!

14 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Have Wigan signed a replacement? I seem to remember them linked with a new prop, providing Burgess left/retired but I can’t remember who that was, whether they signed him or anyone else. 

I think the short answer is ... No.

14 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Have Wigan signed a replacement? I seem to remember them linked with a new prop, providing Burgess left/retired but I can’t remember who that was, whether they signed him or anyone else. 

Moley on Twitter is suggesting they're having a look who NRL clubs might be looking to offload, but with the season starting down there in a few weeks, most have locked in their squads already. Might be some fringe NRL players they could bring in but overall I reckon Wigan will be pretty happy with the squad they've got, bearing in mind (and no disrespect intended) they're hardly going to miss Burgess based on how little he played last year and still nearly won the comp + Bateman. 

3 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Moley on Twitter is suggesting they're having a look who NRL clubs might be looking to offload, but with the season starting down there in a few weeks, most have locked in their squads already. Might be some fringe NRL players they could bring in but overall I reckon Wigan will be pretty happy with the squad they've got, bearing in mind (and no disrespect intended) they're hardly going to miss Burgess based on how little he played last year and still nearly won the comp + Bateman. 

With Burgess,Flower and hopefully Clark gone & Clubb struggling to stay fit we are lacking a bit of experience & grunt up front,but like you say not much talent left unsigned at this late stage.

On 03/02/2021 at 11:17, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Basically Wigan have binned him off to free up salary cap space because he’s injured. Shouldn’t be allowed in my opinion. The club should be responsible and look after him through his rehabilitation.

He wants the sunshine of Sydney while lays up mate..... Don't blame him

44 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

He wants the sunshine of Sydney while lays up mate..... Don't blame him

neither do i - our towns and cities in the uk are going to the dogs, depressing dumps full of boarded up shops and pubs under slate grey miserable skies - don't blame him at all.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Of course there's talent available at this late stage.  Leeds managed to sign a Fijian international no less, with a massive 5 appearances (140 minutes) in first grade.  He's not really a full size prop and might not have got a game last year except for COVID, but don't you dare suggest he's not going to be brilliant.

Sad for George.  He was incredibly dynamic when he first hit the NRL.  Its hard to see him coming back, but I hope he does - never want to see players forced to retire early.

7 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Jeez Jonny, it's not that bad hahaha! Where do you live?? 

not Sydney or the gold coast that's for sure, work in town centres all over the north every week and its one grim dump after another mostly 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 04/02/2021 at 17:54, graveyard johnny said:

neither do i - our towns and cities in the uk are going to the dogs, depressing dumps full of boarded up shops and pubs under slate grey miserable skies - don't blame him at all.

You have obviously never visited Newcastle in Oz... or any town outside the big cities.

18 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

not Sydney or the gold coast that's for sure, work in town centres all over the north every week and its one grim dump after another mostly 

Come to Leeds - it's just like Sydney...without the beaches...and smaller....less sun......

Yeah fair enough I take your point thinking about it now 😂

A few people demonstrating their 'glass completely empty' outlook on life in this thread.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived