IKEA Shelves Sponsorship Plans

As swift as the St George Dragons made public the decision to pursue Israel Falou, IKEA have shelved talks of a sponsorship agreement with the Dragons which shares a home with one of IKEA’s major stores.

An IKEA statement was issued today citing difference in culture between the two organisations. “We are a proud organisation that strives to deliver fantastic household items for all Australians and IKEA have decided to end discussions of a corporate partnership with St George Dragons as the club has demonstrated no obvious respect or need for trophy cabinets in the foreseeable future.”

37 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

As swift as the St George Dragons made public the decision to pursue Israel Falou, IKEA have shelved talks of a sponsorship agreement with the Dragons which shares a home with one of IKEA’s major stores.

An IKEA statement was issued today citing difference in culture between the two organisations. “We are a proud organisation that strives to deliver fantastic household items for all Australians and IKEA have decided to end discussions of a corporate partnership with St George Dragons as the club has demonstrated no obvious respect or need for trophy cabinets in the foreseeable future.”

Horrible company whose founder was a self confessed Nazi:(

Paul

50 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

April 1st already? Source required, thankyou please, 

50 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Should be a perfect match,both collapse within a few weeks of assembly

44 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Horrible company whose founder was a self confessed Nazi:(

Paul

Although I agree with you it's the unconfessed Nazis that worry me!

32 minutes ago, JohnM said:

April 1st already? Source required, thankyou please, 

The Nuremberg Rally Gazette apparently!

Donald Trump's favourite read.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

Players forced to assemble IKEA furniture to pass concussion test | Zero Tackle

THIS STORY FIRST APPEARED ON THE FAULT REPORT, A SATIRICAL WEBSITE. ITS CONTENTS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO REALITY IS PURELY (AND LAMENTABLY) COINCIDENTAL.

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Should be a perfect match,both collapse within a few weeks of assembly

Yep, St George are a few pieces missing from being a solid team, Ikea furniture often has a few missing pieces!

5 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

And still no bite from @The Rocket

Mate, Graham is running a thread where you can select your 17 man squad for your favourite team, I`m not even game enough to look at St. George`s list.  In fact I am flat out trying to decide who is my second team is this year, Tigers, Titans, Warriors ?

You blokes have your fun !!  I`m busy.🤢

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Huh?

YOU went out of your way to bring in Trump just to suit your prejudice and which had zero connection to Rugby League.

Huh?

You went out of your way not to read the preceeding posts it was a response to!

That's what happens on a forum.

Keep safe

4 hours ago, JohnM said:

You should save that stuff for the political sub forum....😀

It's like that black & white film about two blokes and a woman John, "But it was not allowed." Only in french.

Jules et Jim - Golden Age Cinema and Bar

And did you pick up all the possible political intrusions or just mine John?

IKEA would be an excellent TGG sponsor, and getting all moral about the product or the origins involved is probably something RL can little afford right at this moment in history.

Or are morals and history banned from libraries, forums and general discussion too?

The IKEA reference from earlier posts is strange. Their stuff is mainly fine, very popular, easy to assemble, and has brought modern furniture etc to many. Economy of scale, too, keeps prices reasonable. I guess some people joke about it for a cheap laugh. I certainly used to do that.. Before I actually ever shopped there. 

Perhaps there's a Puritan streak in some people who see drinking, betting, indeed anything popular and enjoyable as something the huddled masses of RL supporters should be denied. 

Archived