Toronto based sponsorship secured for 2021

Who says that the Wolfpack didn't bring any benefits for the UK clubs? 

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-secure-international-partnership-UjBAe

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Not the best example, since the guy sponsoring is from Featherstone and is quoted in the article saying he wasn't particularly a fan of the Wolfpack.

Maybe so, but he hasn't shown any interest in sponsoring Fev prior to the Wolfpack reminding him as an expat how much he enjoys the sport... 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

9 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Maybe so, but he hasn't shown any interest in sponsoring Fev prior to the Wolfpack reminding him as an expat how much he enjoys the sport... 

not really 

"“Then in 2007 I emigrated to Canada and life got tougher to see the games but thankfully I could listen to Radio Leeds on the internet and keep in touch with games, even though I could not see them.

7 minutes ago, POR said:

not really 

"“Then in 2007 I emigrated to Canada and life got tougher to see the games but thankfully I could listen to Radio Leeds on the internet and keep in touch with games, even though I could not see them.

Still doesn't answer why he hasn't sponsored before. 😉

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

There are always these examples, I remember Emirates sponsoring Leigh way back (There was a Rugby League fan in their marketing department and he had a small budget fair play to him I say) Senior management never really had a clue that they were a sponsor of a Rugby League club in Lancashire:)

P

46 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

There are always these examples, I remember Emirates sponsoring Leigh way back (There was a Rugby League fan in their marketing department and he had a small budget fair play to him I say) Senior management never really had a clue that they were a sponsor of a Rugby League club in Lancashire:)

P

No it wasn't a RL fan in their marketing dept , senior management did know , the CEO of Emirates Airlines was from Leigh , he'd been with the company from basically day one , and had been a major influence in building the business , we approached him for support and they offered to sponsor the shirt if we got into SL , unfortunately we already had a contracted sponsor from the previous year , if we had retained SL status in 2006 Leigh's main shirt sponsor would have been Emirates , in fact a 2006 shirt was produced with the Emirates as main sponsor and sent to the gentleman in question as a thank you , I know this because I saw and held the shirt at a pre season Board meeting in 2006 

HTH 

Sir Maurice Flanagan 

2 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Still doesn't answer why he hasn't sponsored before. 😉

yes  this is the first time his  company have sponsored a FEV player  but remember sponsorship is all to do with timing and money maybe this  is the first time all the little balls are  line to offer sponsorship

on the flip side  before he flew the nest john and his dad  also sponsored   FEV players  more  than once

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

Who says that the Wolfpack didn't bring any benefits for the UK clubs? 

really john has sponsored FEV because of his love for the club not because of TWP 

26 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Nice story but player sponsorship in the Championship is usually like a couple of grand. Bloody tight ####

Really - which Championship clubs charge £2k to sponsor a player?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

No it wasn't a RL fan in their marketing dept , senior management did know , the CEO of Emirates Airlines was from Leigh , he'd been with the company from basically day one , and had been a major influence in building the business , we approached him for support and they offered to sponsor the shirt if we got into SL , unfortunately we already had a contracted sponsor from the previous year , if we had retained SL status in 2006 Leigh's main shirt sponsor would have been Emirates , in fact a 2006 shirt was produced with the Emirates as main sponsor and sent to the gentleman in question as a thank you , I know this because I saw and held the shirt at a pre season Board meeting in 2006 

HTH 

Sir Maurice Flanagan 

Great story 👍

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Great story 👍

So the CEO of Emirates Air AHMED BIN SAEED AL MAKTOUM IS FROM Leigh LOL:) maybe you are mixing him up with the Dr of Salford.

The only English person high up in Emirates Air in the last 25 years was Steve Wheeler (Marketing Manager) 

8 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

So the CEO of Emirates Air AHMED BIN SAEED AL MAKTOUM IS FROM Leigh LOL:) maybe you are mixing him up with the Dr of Salford.

The only English person high up in Emirates Air in the last 25 years was Steve Wheeler (Marketing Manager) 

Sir Maurice Flanagan 

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

He was managing director in the early days NOT CEO (Please get your facts right) the only English person who has ever been high up in the marketing department is Steve Wheeler who has since moved on.

2003 , Sir Maurice Flanagan , Group President and Vice Chairman , that was when we contacted them , we were told if we made SL to come back , which we did , as I put , unfortunately we had a contracted sponsor for 2004 and 05 , hence the stand sponsorship , I was party to this because I was a Leigh director at this time 

Who told you your story ?

16 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

2003 , Sir Maurice Flanagan , Group President and Vice Chairman , that was when we contacted them , we were told if we made SL to come back , which we did , as I put , unfortunately we had a contracted sponsor for 2004 and 05 , hence the stand sponsorship , I was party to this because I was a Leigh director at this time 

Who told you your story ?

At the time I was told the story by your commercial manager (I think and maybe I am wrong here that he ended up at Celtic Crusaders but I may have the wrong guy was it Callaghan) I remember as I found it rather funny at the time.

Not having a go at you if I am wrong but at the same time the media agency I was with did a deal with Emirates for another sporting sponsorship and I remember no-one had a clue about them sponsoring Leigh which as an avid RL fan I found amusing.

I wasn't having a dig in the original post I was congratulating it:)

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

At the time I was told the story by your commercial manager (I think and maybe I am wrong here that he ended up at Celtic Crusaders but I may have the wrong guy was it Callaghan) I remember as I found it rather funny at the time.

Not having a go at you if I am wrong but at the same time the media agency I was with did a deal with Emirates for another sporting sponsorship and I remember no-one had a clue about them sponsoring Leigh which as an avid RL fan I found amusing.

I wasn't having a dig in the original post I was congratulating it:)

I'm not suggesting it was done for any other reason other than the fact their group president at that time was from Leigh , yes no doubt it would have been dealt by a junior member of staff , but ultimately it would have been Mr Flanagan ( group president ) who OK d the deal , yes Mike Cal organised it , as I said , I was party to the conversations on it , and indeed it was Mike who sorted out the shirt for Mr Flanagan 

So it wasn't just some guy in the marketing dept , was it ?

I'll leave it there 

5 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Not the best example, since the guy sponsoring is from Featherstone and is quoted in the article saying he wasn't particularly a fan of the Wolfpack.

No, but he is a fan of rugby league and thought having Toronto in RL was fantastic.

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Indeed it was , a logistical nightmare , but still fantastic 

I can't see how it was a logistical/n. You in the UK seem easily put off  if it upsets your routine.

Down here the RU have a comp going over a few weeks. It includes NZ, Australia, Japan,S Africa and Argentina. Imagine the amount of travel in that. Also there is no bitching from players  and  fans that choose to travel for those games.

5 hours ago, frank said:

I can't see how it was a logistical/n. You in the UK seem easily put off  if it upsets your routine.

Down here the RU have a comp going over a few weeks. It includes NZ, Australia, Japan,S Africa and Argentina. Imagine the amount of travel in that. Also there is no bitching from players  and  fans that choose to travel for those games.

Isn’t that an international competition though? Hardly comparable to a minor club sport. The club Southern Hemisphere comp (despite having much more money and profile than SL) failed. 

That said I really wanted TWP to work and still think it could and should have. 

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Isn’t that an international competition though? Hardly comparable to a minor club sport. The club Southern Hemisphere comp (despite having much more money and profile than SL) failed. 

It is the failed Super Rugby comp Frank is reffering to , not really a good example 

But this already has drifted far and wide , so I'm out 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yes it is an international  comp Eddie but that's is not what I was getting at. It  was all the travel involved with those teams and these guys get upset if they have to travel to Canada. 

I think the Wolfpack long term would have been good for the game in the UK and for Canada. Where else could you get 10,00o new fans in such a short period 

Archived