Poll: When would you feel confident about attending Rugby League matches in 2021, in light of the Covid pandemic?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once we have the capability to provide an efficient profile of vaccines to tackle mutant variations of the virus.

There is a significant doubt this exists at the moment.

Latest ballpark suggestions from the scientists predicts 9 to 18 months further development and research.

A sensible safe target for a spectator return without incurring resultant waves of infection points towards the 2023 season.

People must be patient.

32 minutes ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Once we have the capability to provide an efficient profile of vaccines to tackle mutant variations of the virus.

There is a significant doubt this exists at the moment.

Latest ballpark suggestions from the scientists predicts 9 to 18 months further development and research.

A sensible safe target for a spectator return without incurring resultant waves of infection points towards the 2023 season.

People must be patient.

Good morning, Mr Ferguson!

1 hour ago, Moose said:

No choice

Thanks,i did wonder as steve next door were asked if he wanted english or american version,i aint too fussed as am sure they all do some good, i have bumped into some folks who say they aint having one at all.

14 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

When I’m allowed to. My desire to watch live sport does not outweigh people’s health. 

That's the point though, you might be "allowed to" at any of the points listed in the poll. Indeed 2000 people were last autumn with no vaccine at all - nobody will be breaking any rules or officially endangering anyone's health when that happens, so no need for sanctimony!

However, I know for a fact that some people won't feel safe even if they are "allowed", which is the point of this poll.

28 minutes ago, silverback said:

Thanks,i did wonder as steve next door were asked if he wanted english or american version,i aint too fussed as am sure they all do some good, i have bumped into some folks who say they aint having one at all.

Please keep this thread on the subject of the League Express readers poll, and avoid escalating it into a discussion on the efficacy or otherwise of the various vaccines, and whether to have them, etc.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That's the point though, you might be "allowed to" at any of the points listed in the poll. Indeed 2000 people were last autumn with no vaccine at all - nobody will be breaking any rules or officially endangering anyone's health when that happens, so no need for sanctimony!

However, I know for a fact that some people won't feel safe even if they are "allowed", which is the point of this poll.

It’s an utterly bizarre and daft poll, though. The country remains in a national lockdown and, at present, there’s been no announcements on the tightening/relaxing of restrictions, so it’s an odd time to release such a poll and the answers available to choose from are a bit odd, too. 

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It’s an utterly bizarre and daft poll, though. The country remains in a national lockdown and, at present, there’s been no announcements on the tightening/relaxing of restrictions, so it’s an odd time to release such a poll and the answers available to choose from are a bit odd, too. 

"I would make a decision based entirely on the advice in place at the time and the measures the club I might be attending have put in place. The vaccine is irrelevant."

1 vote.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It's only an online poll, not a binding referendum on the matter. Blimey!

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Your poll makes no sense. It’s as simple as that. 

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You're not exactly being forced to vote in it though.

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

It's not that daft at all, in fact its exactly the sort of opinion metrics the Government will be looking to do of their own to assess what is needed for an emergence from lockdown. Too much gung ho sentiment and they'll likely have to take it slower and re-emphasise caution, alternatively if more than 50% of the population are too scared to go out until over 75% have been vaccinated then their going to have to change their tack if they want to reopen anything successfully before September.

Like I said, saying "we're allowed to" doesn't mean people neccesarily will do things they used to. Pubs were open last summer, but I know I felt some places were much "safer" than others when I went in (just as with anything safety related) and made a judgement not to stay, even though officially it would have been safe to do so. There's a real concern that some people will essentially have been conditioned into germ-related agoraphobia as a result of the past year.

Its also not unreasonable given the various leaks and official reports to look at April/May as a time when hospitality will be looking to reopen and the vast majority of over 50s have been vaccinated for all sports to be looking at reintroducing spectators. Its almost certain from an economic and social point of view that these pressures will begin to rise massively at that point.

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

You're not exactly being forced to vote in it though.

I didn’t say I was. I think it could be a far better worded question with far better answers available but again, that’s my opinion. We’ve all got one. 

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Please keep this thread on the subject of the League Express readers poll, and avoid escalating it into a discussion on the efficacy or otherwise of the various vaccines, and whether to have them, etc.

Thanks.

Sorry,i was just asking for advice that might help me get back out at some point, to support the game have done for 50 years. point taken.many thanks.

Archived