Wigan 

Saints

Warrington

Leeds

Catalans

Huddersfield

Hull

Castleford

Salford will not be in the fight for the bottom, but won’t be involved in the fight for higher places either, they are pretty much nailed on for 9th.

You can't look past wigan and saints again, they are still head and shoulders above the rest. Perhaps just as interesting is every year one of the perceived big clubs struggles. There is also usually a team that over achieves. Who will they be this year? For me, Leeds could be the struggler, Salford or Huddersfield could be the surprise.

My attempt though would be 

1.saints 2.wigan 3.huddersfield 4.warrington 5.hull 6.castleford 7.Salford 8.leeds

I certainly wouldn't bet against Saints and Wigan being 1 and 2 (not necessarily that order). Beyond that I'd say it's all up for grabs. 

I'm quietly very optimistic as a Hull fan. I really like what I'm seeing/hearing from Hodgson about the approach we are taking and the things he is trying to put in place. I'm not going to make any bold predictions but I'm excited to see how we go. 

If you pushed me for a prediction I'd go:

1. Wigan

2. Saints 

3. Warrington

4. Hull

5. Catalans

6. Huddersfield 

7. Leeds

8. Castleford 

Although ask me again next week and I'll have probably changed my mind completely because all those teams look pretty useful imo. 

Dont quite get the doom and gloom over a club that has been one of the stand out performers over the past 2 years in Salford, current squad, at least on paper, is arguably the strongest they have had and certainly stronger than the 2019 version, if they signed half a dozen from Saints and Wigan am sure they would still get written off, they are simply not the whipping boys anymore, theyve proved that in the last 2 years.

Coaching changes make it a bit hard to tip how Hull, Salford and Huddersfield will go. I think each have the ability to be top 4 if things click, but all could conceivably come 9th or 10th as well! I'm backing Hull to improve, Huddersfield to stay where they are and Salford to dip (and potentially run into financial drama!). That said, I hope I'm wrong. I like Salford's team and want them to play well.

14 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wigan/Saints to battle for top spot.

Any 4 from Wire/Hull/Giants/Cats/Leeds/Salford for the other play off places.

Again Covid could have a influence on player availability as well as the usual injury & suspension issues.

Gotta agree with Davo. In terms of relegation I think Leigh & Wakey will be the 2 batting it out to avoid the drop this year.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

9 hours ago, DG70 said:

Dont quite get the doom and gloom over a club that has been one of the stand out performers over the past 2 years in Salford, current squad, at least on paper, is arguably the strongest they have had and certainly stronger than the 2019 version, if they signed half a dozen from Saints and Wigan am sure they would still get written off, they are simply not the whipping boys anymore, theyve proved that in the last 2 years.

I’d be happy to see Salford stay up, they are not the club I’d like to see relegated, but they’ve lost some key plays in Luke Yates, Gill Dudson, Joey Lussick, Tyrone McCarthy, Niall Evalds, Mark Flanagan and crucially their coach Ian Watson. On top of that Salford have been lucky to avoid an injury crisis over the last few years, and picked up wins against teams when they had a lot of injuries. They also finished 3rd bottom last year, I just don’t see them finishing anywhere other than near the bottom, they are only stronger than Leigh on paper and probably about even with Hull kr.

The challenge for Salford and Wakey will be seeing the season out if crowds are delayed/ restricted

Leigh will be obvious favourites for the drop but can they do a Salford?? When the team is greater than the parts

Wigan top, Leeds second then Saints Wire Hull Cats Huddersfield Cas

3 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

The challenge for Salford and Wakey will be seeing the season out if crowds are delayed/ restricted

Leigh will be obvious favourites for the drop but can they do a Salford?? When the team is greater than the parts

Wigan top, Leeds second then Saints Wire Hull Cats Huddersfield Cas

pretty sure that is the same for pretty much every club. and more so for the heavily attended clubs.

Salford for example base figures on 5k for £20 per head £100k income they will therefore not get that for every game that fans cant attend (not taking into acc ST holders who have already paid)   

ANO club bases their matchday revenue on 10k at £20 per head £200k income lost for every game a very large difference and one that clubs will not be able to swallow. ultimately clubs like Salford Budget meticulously based on worst outcomes as they know the huge crowds arent there whereas other clubs know they are going to get 10k every game so can afford to spend more.  

19 minutes ago, To Be Confirmed said:

pretty sure that is the same for pretty much every club. and more so for the heavily attended clubs.

Salford for example base figures on 5k for £20 per head £100k income they will therefore not get that for every game that fans cant attend (not taking into acc ST holders who have already paid)   

ANO club bases their matchday revenue on 10k at £20 per head £200k income lost for every game a very large difference and one that clubs will not be able to swallow. ultimately clubs like Salford Budget meticulously based on worst outcomes as they know the huge crowds arent there whereas other clubs know they are going to get 10k every game so can afford to spend more.  

Salfords issue is historical debt and lack of benefactor - similar to Wakefield, Carters eagerness to take the Schilling says things will be very tough and I believe Salford were the same

Just now, sweaty craiq said:

Salfords issue is historical debt and lack of benefactor - similar to Wakefield, Carters eagerness to take the Schilling says things will be very tough and I believe Salford were the same

Salford have very little if any Historical debt, it was all wiped when they defaulted on the CVA.

They do not have a benefactor that is true which is why they budget accordingly. It will be tough as it will for all clubs but they will be fine

1. Wigan - Bateman/youngsters + 1 year older
  2. Sts - Not top due to loss of major names in pack/Wolf affect
  3. Huddersfield - Watson/Recruitment/youngsters +1 year older
  4. Warrington - Slowly deteriorating under current coach
  5. Hull - Big season under Hodgson 
  6. Catalan - Folou or no they’ve a frightening backline
  7. Leeds - Flattered to deceive under Agar, wont last
  8. Salford - Recruitment will offer greater consistency 
  9. Cas - Powell will Be Gone before seasons end
  10. HKR - Recruitment will improve them no end
  11. Wakefield - 3 wins papered over cracks of 5 from 36 win record
  12. Leigh - They’re hugely handicapped but will get some wins