Top 8 predictions!

DG70

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/02/2021 at 12:37, Bleep1673 said:

That's the mentality of most Rugby League "fans" these days, that there is only Superleague, until you are relegated, again.

Well I always look how certain clubs are going in the Championship and L1.

On 11/02/2021 at 09:32, To Be Confirmed said:

Interestingly you say Salford Bottom 3

TBC you're having an arument with the great beyond, more like a rabbit crater than a hole, fais gaffe mon ami!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

On 10/02/2021 at 14:10, OMEGA said:
  2. Sts - Not top due to loss of major names in pack/Wolf affect

I actually think Saints have strengthened over last year.

Taia replaced by Joel Thompson

Graham replaced by Paasi

Peyroux replace by Mata'autia

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 13/02/2021 at 16:20, The storm said:

Not convinced by hulls signings although Hodgson is a move in the right direction 

The problem for Hull is the loyalty to Danny Houghton, a player who is a solid performer, but not the dynamism of some other number 9,s.

Then Sneyd and Shaul can be great or equally they can vanish 

My predictions are 

1 saints 

2 Wigan 

3 Huddersfield 

4 leeds

5 Salford 

6 Hull kr 

7 Warrington 

8 catalan 

9 castleford 

10 hull

11 leigh

12 Wakefield 

Really not sure about the DH comment mate as spelling him towards the end of last season brought a lot of life into a lethargic team at times.  Seems he’s been given the number for 2021 and Johnstone is numbered in the high numbers.  On the pitch might be entirely different.

I expected a bit more from Johnstone and hopefully he will come good thus time.

On 14/02/2021 at 03:38, ATLANTISMAN said:

Ha Ha Morning Harry (Just my personal feeling) 11 or maybe even 10:)

You are not the only one, I have the same feeling about Leigh.

On 09/02/2021 at 19:47, Jack Russell said:

You can't look past wigan and saints again, they are still head and shoulders above the rest. Perhaps just as interesting is every year one of the perceived big clubs struggles. There is also usually a team that over achieves. Who will they be this year? For me, Leeds could be the struggler, Salford or Huddersfield could be the surprise.

My attempt though would be 

1.saints 2.wigan 3.huddersfield 4.warrington 5.hull 6.castleford 7.Salford 8.leeds

Yes I think Huddersfield will go well. Really well 

Its interesting to see that people have Catalans high up the table. 

I think they may well struggle

1. they have lost a number of their players already this close season including Casty, Moa, Tierney, Mead plus others replaced them with McMeeken, Dudson & Whare

2. The ongoing Falou issue and the likelihood that he doesn't end up coming back to play for them especially given Vlandy's recent news release 

3. they are going to be playing the front end of the season away from home due to COVID

4. they are going to have a 3 week pre season and that's it whereas every other club will be having 3 times that at least

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1/3 of the way (roughly) through the season it’s only interesting looking at the top 8 predictions. This comment looks to have been spot on.

On 09/02/2021 at 13:28, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1 Saints

2 Leeds

And this one not so hot. 

On 16/02/2021 at 10:10, To Be Confirmed said:

Its interesting to see that people have Catalans high up the table. 

I think they may well struggle

1. they have lost a number of their players already this close season including Casty, Moa, Tierney, Mead plus others replaced them with McMeeken, Dudson & Whare

2. The ongoing Falou issue and the likelihood that he doesn't end up coming back to play for them especially given Vlandy's recent news release 

3. they are going to be playing the front end of the season away from home due to COVID

4. they are going to have a 3 week pre season and that's it whereas every other club will be having 3 times that at least

Oh dear 😂

On 09/02/2021 at 20:27, MZH said:

I certainly wouldn't bet against Saints and Wigan being 1 and 2 (not necessarily that order). Beyond that I'd say it's all up for grabs. 

I'm quietly very optimistic as a Hull fan. I really like what I'm seeing/hearing from Hodgson about the approach we are taking and the things he is trying to put in place. I'm not going to make any bold predictions but I'm excited to see how we go. 

If you pushed me for a prediction I'd go:

1. Wigan

2. Saints 

3. Warrington

4. Hull

5. Catalans

6. Huddersfield 

7. Leeds

8. Castleford 

Although ask me again next week and I'll have probably changed my mind completely because all those teams look pretty useful imo. 

Not a million miles away so far apart from I maybe underestimated Catalans and Hull KR might be able to muscle in on the playoffs. Long way to go yet though.

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

We could still see a Leeds v Saints Grand Final

Totally agree. You can either subscribe to Sky Sports for their RL Gold recaps or search for past matches on YouTube.

Archived