NRL Top 8 2021

6NTv81V.jpg

Here's the current standings in the 2021 NRL ladder.

That of course is with the clubs in alphabetical order of their hometowns/cities.

Reckon you can pick a top 8 from them to make the finals series this season coming?

Apart from a bit of fun it'l be good to look back on our thoughts later in the season.

53 minutes ago, Graham said:

I'll give it a go:

Storm

Panthers

Roosters

Raiders

Eels

Sharks

Rabbitohs

Titans

Some wishful thinking in places there I reckon

I don't think you are too far out with that selection. I would replace the Sharks with the Knights or the Sea Eagles (whichever keeps their first 17 on the field for most games), otherwise I agree with seven out of eight.  Predicting the minor premiers may be a tough one, though.

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Rabbitohs

Storm 

Raiders

Panthers 

Roosters 

Eels

Knights

Tigers

Titans may sneak into the top 8 but I still think behind the scrum is lagging behind their pack , and I think Bulldogs will be the big improver

Of those I think Tigers will probably just miss out.

As for them I'm looking at their hooking spot now that Grant has returned to Storm.

Liddle or Jake Simpkin?

I'm looking out to see Simpkin have a breakout season.

14 minutes ago, Graham said:

Of those I think Tigers will probably just miss out.

As for them I'm looking at their hooking spot now that Grant has returned to Storm.

Liddle or Jake Simpkin?

I'm looking out to see Simpkin have a breakout season.

I’m being kind to them , I quite like their recruitment and they’ve trimmed their squad of some veterans and deadwood. I’m not taken with the Titans halves and I’ll be interested how they go off that pack . I’m also very interested to see Barrett’s Dogs . Unfortunately I think Griffin’s Dragons won’t be that exciting to watch , wanting McCullough for Mcinnes isn’t a good sign . Hopefully he gets results but I’m not piling the pressure on them by tipping them 

35 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m being kind to them , I quite like their recruitment and they’ve trimmed their squad of some veterans and deadwood. I’m not taken with the Titans halves and I’ll be interested how they go off that pack . I’m also very interested to see Barrett’s Dogs . Unfortunately I think Griffin’s Dragons won’t be that exciting to watch , wanting McCullough for Mcinnes isn’t a good sign . Hopefully he gets results but I’m not piling the pressure on them by tipping them 

As for Titans I just felt they could blend into a good team without too many headline grabbing players.Having said that I always enjoy watching standout player AJ Brimson.

As for Dragons they have some good backs. Dufty and Lomax are a couple of standout blokes there for me. They are great to watch. Will Dragons’ forwards be a tough enough unit?

5 minutes ago, Graham said:

As for Titans I just felt they could blend into a good team without too many headline grabbing players.Having said that I always enjoy watching standout player AJ Brimson.

As for Dragons they have some good backs. Dufty and Lomax are a couple of standout blokes there for me. They are great to watch. Will Dragons’ forwards be a tough enough unit?

When I look at the ins and outs at the dragons I’m not optimistic . Bird is the big import but he’s been a total crock and so is an unknown . They’ve lost a few but Frizell is the absolute standout there , the guy is a machine and will leave a big hole . And there’s still the hunt / norman conundrum . Agree about lomax and Dufty 

Here's my crack at the table this year.

Storm

Raiders

Panthers

Rabbitohs

Roosters

Eels

Titans

Sea Eagles

………………………..

Knights

Warriors

Sharks

Broncos

Cowboys

Dragons

Tigers

Bulldogs

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 11/02/2021 at 17:56, DavidM said:

When I look at the ins and outs at the dragons I’m not optimistic . Bird is the big import but he’s been a total crock and so is an unknown . They’ve lost a few but Frizell is the absolute standout there , the guy is a machine and will leave a big hole . And there’s still the hunt / norman conundrum . Agree about lomax and Dufty 

It's reckoned that Dragons... or any team... need at least 12 wins to get that 8th spot.

Archived