Henson getting fit for a crack at league

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

I’m unlikely to be on Dragons Den anytime soon, I mean, i just sold an LP on EBay and ending up losing £1 in posting costs.

But why wouldn’t he focus more on his main business?

Given the shattered state of the hospitality industry, he absolutely should be concentrating on the business that is his livelihood, as pubs, restaurants etc. emerge from lockdown.

However, I hope he returns to the field when he feels he can give more time to training and playing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

that's commitment for you.

Sounds like he has forgotten that he signed for west wales.

I know, I mean the 60 seconds he took to post that on twitter should have been used doing tackling practice. Damn him.

1 hour ago, craig hamilton said:

Totally agree. Childish image which does nothing for the game.

I think we should major on scene's like Rob Burrow sidestepping through defences. Ball carrying magicians, drawing players before delivering the pass to a man in space and some of our amazing acrobatic wingers diving in to score with one hand, while their entire bodies have already been smashed over the touch-line but still a metre off the ground. 

i doubt him and charlotte are struggling for cash to the point of a few garlic mushrooms sales- these player pubs are usually a part investment with other parties involved - concentrating on what? doing the cooking? doing the cleaning? waiting on the tables? my guess is if you visited this pub mr henson would be nowhere to be seen 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

15 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

i doubt him and charlotte are struggling for cash to the point of a few garlic mushrooms sales- these player pubs are usually a part investment with other parties involved - concentrating on what? doing the cooking? doing the cleaning? waiting on the tables? my guess is if you visited this pub mr henson would be nowhere to be seen 

Didn't the Welsh power couple split up years ago?

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

not a clue

You said it!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

You said it!

sorry i let my subscription to HELLO magazine lapse a few years ago 

6 hours ago, LeeF said:

Another quality positive posting from you

If you believe he is committed, that's fine.  I guess we'll see at the end of it all how much he plays, how much effort he puts in, even how active he is promoting the team on his social channels etc etc.

Maybe I am wrong, and he is very committed!

Doubt it though 😉

With the level of rugby he's played league 1 is just a bit of fun to keep fit. It's not like he's anything to prove and probably just fancied trying league. Daniel wagon in France was the same he was playing in the 2nd/3rd division in his late thirties but it was just his weekend exercise like if I go for a walk. He strolled through 80 minutes. 

Not saying league 1 is not a good standard, I mean compared to playing internationals etc. If he does well he's happy ,if he doesn't he's not lost anything. I'm sure he's commited but not like a 19 year old trying to make the team for the first time. 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

sorry i let my subscription to HELLO magazine lapse a few years ago 

Whooooosh!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, barnyia said:

Not saying league 1 is not a good standard, I mean compared to playing internationals etc. If he does well he's happy ,if he doesn't he's not lost anything. I'm sure he's commited but not like a 19 year old trying to make the team. 

our game is for life - not just for christmas

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

they had a joint wealth of 12million years ago - am sure he doesnt have to worry about the gastro pub to keep him going

I’m fairly sure they divorced a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

With the level of rugby he's played league 1 is just a bit of fun to keep fit. It's not like he's anything to prove and probably just fancied trying league. Daniel wagon in France was the same he was playing in the 2nd/3rd division in his late thirties but it was just his weekend exercise like if I go for a walk. He strolled through 80 minutes. 

If you think he'll be able to stroll though 80 mins in league 1 you don't know very much about the standard there, and the types of players he'll be playing against. He was a marquee signing for West Wales so he does have something to prove. 

1 hour ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

If you believe he is committed, that's fine.  I guess we'll see at the end of it all how much he plays, how much effort he puts in, even how active he is promoting the team on his social channels etc etc.

Maybe I am wrong, and he is very committed!

Doubt it though 😉

Did I say anything about my thoughts on his commitment? I merely thanked you for another positive post. Keep it going 👍

5 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

If you think he'll be able to stroll though 80 mins in league 1 you don't know very much about the standard there, and the types of players he'll be playing against. He was a marquee signing for West Wales so he does have something to prove. 

Is he paid as marquee signing? 

In my second message i said I wasn't criticising league 1. But really the level of exposure in league 1 is a little less than he's used to. I'm sure he'll do well but it's something for him to do to test himself I reckon. Like the 40 year old who decides to run a marathon or go up mont Ventoux. 

Archived