Challenge Cup Draw - BBC 11/02/2021

Futtocks

It's a rave from the grave, a blast from the past, the beeb show just how much RL means to them!

Next we'll have footage of K-9 running across the pitch and an overview into the Willows gents facilities.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Round 2
Swinton/Newcastle v Oldam/Barrow
Featherstone/Bradford v Halifax/Batley
London/Keighley v Sheffield/York
West Wales/Widnes v Whitehaven/Dewsbury

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Selected ties from the first two rounds streamed by the BBC, then the usual broadcast from round 3 onwards.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

The RFL had 9 applicants from L1 to enter but only had 3 places so who knows how it was decided. Certainly Rochdale’s chairman was very vocal about his side being omitted at the time saying he had no idea how the 3 clubs had been selected.

Is there any actual evidence that 9 applied? (I’m not having a go at you - I am just very curious about which teams really did want to take part & if a lot did, how did the RFL select the ones that were included.)

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Come on RL gods make West Wales v Whitehaven happen

Some men just want to watch the world burn

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

The RFL had 9 applicants from L1 to enter but only had 3 places so who knows how it was decided. Certainly Rochdale’s chairman was very vocal about his side being omitted at the time saying he had no idea how the 3 clubs had been selected.

Rochdale couldn’t guarantee they’d be able to put the posts up😁

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

1 hour ago, dead man inc said:

Is there any actual evidence that 9 applied? (I’m not having a go at you - I am just very curious about which teams really did want to take part & if a lot did, how did the RFL select the ones that were included.)

Sorry it was 7 applicants not 9. The RFL put out a statement saying 4 clubs had withdrawn but Rochdale were adamant that wasn’t the case and were simply told they hadn’t been “selected” to take part. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

51 minutes ago, Thunder fan said:

look forward to seeing the thunder in action even though it will only be watching the online stream, signed alot of new players, looking forward to seeing how we play, come on thunder!

You looked good when you dumped us out of the Cup last year. Looking forward to my first trip to Newcastle, Covid permitting, when we play you this year.

West Wales V Widnes throws up some potentially good stories, what with Widnes obvious Welsh connections of Jim Mills JD, John Devereaux, Paul Moriarty etc, and the presence (potentially) of Gavin Henson in the West Wales side, who has said there had been interest from Widnes to sign him when he was in his late teens.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Makes one wonder if anybody informed the RL Marketing Department that the draw was taking place?

Love the new 'back of a fag packet' lucky dip idea for League 1 selections.

Looking forward to finding out who won it in the Yorkshire Post / Manchester Evening News small ads column 🤪🏆

1 hour ago, Ramon Rojo said:

Makes one wonder if anybody informed the RL Marketing Department that the draw was taking place?

It was an email from them that informed me when the draw was taking place and how to watch it. So I suspect the answer to that question is yes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It was an email from them that informed me when the draw was taking place and how to watch it. So I suspect the answer to that question is yes.

The draw that was on the BBC and promoted in advance so we all knew it was happening?

That one?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

What a cracking tie Fev v Bulls will be. Would have attracted a big crowd but hoping it is streamed by BBC I expect it will be.

Yeah, that’s got to be the streamed game via the BBC but Halifax v Batley, Sheffield v York, Oldham v Barrow and Whitehaven v Dewsbury are also decent ties too. 

Archived