Laurent Lucchese: Super League’s Number One Player

I was there with my dad,memories it was a Saturday afternoon game i was working in Leeds at the time and had to return to work after the game it was the day of the very first national lottery draw ,the scoreboard blew up and didnt work for a while afterwards ,had a chat with Jason Lawrence before the match whose leg was in plaster from a broken leg earlier in the season,of the match itself i remember little.

2 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

Yes, Jammes lasted two games. 

Did you go the the 142-0 game? Always wondered what that was like to be at. 

142-4 V Blackpool in 1994?

Yes, I was there, it was a strange afternoon, on the one hand it was extraordinary seeing Fartown rack up so many points ( although we had posted some big scores in our 3rd division championship season) but to get to 100 was something else!

But on the other hand it was boring, processional, and quite sad and by the end most of us felt deeply sorry for Blackpool, certainly, their try got the biggest cheer of the afternoon and the whole crowd stood to applaud them back to their positions afterwards.

We didn't realise until a few hours afterwards that we had actually broken our old world record score and margin from 90 years or so previously.

To then see Barrow equal the record margin the next day was even more surreal!

1 hour ago, The Electric Gentleman said:

I was there with my dad,memories it was a Saturday afternoon game i was working in Leeds at the time and had to return to work after the game it was the day of the very first national lottery draw ,the scoreboard blew up and didnt work for a while afterwards ,had a chat with Jason Lawrence before the match whose leg was in plaster from a broken leg earlier in the season,of the match itself i remember little.

I've got a video with all the tries from that season and that one game takes up about 20 minutes of the whole thing!

Jason Laurence was also a very good player for us, I think he ousted Lucchese from the full back position and Lucchese played stand off for a while if I remember rightly?

As for the scoreboard, you're right, I don't think it was built to cope with being used every 30 seconds though!

2 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

Yes, Jammes lasted two games. 

Did you go the the 142-0 game? Always wondered what that was like to be at. 

I remember him playing on the wing in a pre season game at post office road in 1993 and he looked pretty good, I can't find what became of him, do you have any information?

All I know is he played two matches without scoring. I was at the first - Huddersfield winning 10-9 at Workington. That was a real dogfight with Workington missing a penalty goal in the last minute. 
That result set the tone for the first few months of the season before the fortunes of both teams switched quite rapidly around Christmas. 

7 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

All I know is he played two matches without scoring. I was at the first - Huddersfield winning 10-9 at Workington. That was a real dogfight with Workington missing a penalty goal in the last minute. 
That result set the tone for the first few months of the season before the fortunes of both teams switched quite rapidly around Christmas. 

Yes, I was at that game, it was really tight, Was it Kitchen or Marwood who missed the last minute goal from out wide?

The Workington fans weren't very happy as I seem to recall!

Archived