2021 top tryscorer bets.......

Col81

21 hours ago, Col81 said:

I can't see Johnstone getting the service or Wakefield doing well enough. If Makinson plays the full season it could be him

76 tries in 94 games for Wakefield would seem to indicate he is getting the service. Not all were brilliant individual efforts.

I'd have a flutter on Regan Grace, if he was playing outside anyone but Percival, who turned away from him (Grace) and ran infield so many times, I began to wonder if he owed Regan a few quid. 

4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

If he isn't then he should tap up his agent

Very quick, very talented but likely to have a short career. I'd want to play every week if I were him

Agreed 100%, but do you play him instead of Lineham on the wing or at full back, forcing Ratchford into the back row? I don't know.

He did show some defensive frailties last year but of course all the best natural try scorers and gifted footballers do, even with experience.

For me he HAS to to start, as we want to be entertained and he delivers that every single time he's on the field of play. I've not been so excited by someone getting hold of the ball for my team for many a year. Nonetheless, maybe being given the number 17 shirt is a sign that he's not an automatic choice on the teamsheet.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Agreed 100%, but do you play him instead of Lineham on the wing or at full back, forcing Ratchford into the back row? I don't know.

He did show some defensive frailties last year but of course all the best natural try scorers and gifted footballers do, even with experience.

For me he HAS to to start, as we want to be entertained and he delivers that every single time he's on the field of play. I've not been so excited by someone getting hold of the ball for my team for many a year. Nonetheless, maybe being given the number 17 shirt is a sign that he's not an automatic choice on the teamsheet.

Yep I genuinely looked forward to seeing him each game he played. Blistering pace and those crazy carries - he's box office. 

No way near as safe as Ratchford at the back but I'm all for risk with reward. Also Ratchford would then bolster whatever position he goes to

Ashton still skinny or have Wire managed to put a body on him over the off-season? 

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

If he stays fit and Trinity are just average Johnstone will take it easily.

Johnstone is the best finisher in the league for me, he can score all sorts of tries. But I just don't know what to expect from Wakefield this year, and historically, "if he stays fit" has been easier said than done. Definitely worth a look though. 

Archived