It was 25 years ago today...

Also don't forget the other significant date, 34 years ago  last week , 4th Feb 87, when paddy kirwan, of Oldham,scored to knock them out. Thus beginning the dark ages, before Salford brought the enlightenment. Who can forget the video commentater,  showing slight oldham bias, with his oft quoted line "here comes Ellery Hanley looking sick as a parrot".

Slightly (but not much) better picture quality, and the whole match. Dai Young's proudest performance as a leader.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was abroad when SRD won this match and it even turned up on the World Service, they played the end of the game live.

Given that my laptop is no over heating, and presenting a blck screen for most of the day, this would seem a fine end.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Was at all the Wigan games mentioned, not one bothers me in the least. I refer jokingly to Paddy Kerwan as Paddy Effin Kerwan, I was made up for Sheffield and applauded them all the way around the stadium and down the tunnel. The Catalan game was an absolutely fantastic event and the result was not relevant to the vast majority of Wiganers there who were having a fantastic time of it.

We had a good spell of annoying the rest of RL more than we normally do for a while, it was good fun. All good things do however come to an end.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived