Super League clubs kitted out for 2021 … but which is the best?

Top scores for the traditional Hull, Leigh and Saints ones.  Can't argue against those beauties. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I'm biased but I love both of the Hull shirts. I think the 6/10 they've given the away shirt is a bit harsh. 

It's a good year for shirts though, there aren't really any shockers and there are some really nice ones in there. Wakefield, Saints, Catalans and Leigh are lovely. 

2 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Can`t believe someone has given 9/10 to Warrington`s away soccer shirt.

Hull F.C. shouldn`t need a reason to look like Hull F.C.

It`s ultimately down to the fans. If everybody only bought updated traditional shirts, and gave a wide berth to deviant departures, the clubs would eventually get the message.

I like the Wire away shirt, but I'm surprised it gets a 9 versus the home shirts 7. The commentary spends time talking about how rare it is for Wire (and that is true to an extent), but it doesn't mention that it is a copy of the iconic kit from the 1990s where we won the Regal Trophy, Lancs Cup and the one that Mike Gregory led us out at Wembley. As a traditional iconic simple kit it scores far lower than the other traditional kits. 

But it's all opinions I suppose - I personally think there is a very decent range of kits there. 

I think it's the first time I've seen the Saints away shirt and that is a shocker. It looks like a cheap training t-shirt. 

Excellent middle pages spread of all the shirts in League Express. 👍

Here is my League Table of the best and the worst home & away kits:

HOME (best first etc)

1. Hull FC

2. Wakefield 

3. Warrington 

4. Leigh 

5. Huddersfield 

6. Hull KR

7. Salford 

8. Wigan 

9. St Helens

10. Catalans 

11. Leeds 

12. Castleford 

AWAY 

1. Castleford 

2. Huddersfield 

3. Catalans 

4. Leigh 

5. Wakefield 

6. Wigan 

7. Warrington 

8. Hull FC

9. St Helens 

10. Leeds 

11. Hull KR

12. Salford (haven't got one)?

I'm sure most people will agree 🙂

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

and the one that Mike Gregory led us out at Wembley. 

I was going to mention that the home shirt is a revival of the best they`ve had since I`ve been following the game. There was a terrific general look and feel to the 1990 CC final with Wigan as well in their best ever shirt and everything glinting in bright sunshine.

I`m puzzled by your fondness for the away shirt. Vertical stripes always suggest soccer or Aussie Rules to me.

33 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I was going to mention that the home shirt is a revival of the best they`ve had since I`ve been following the game. There was a terrific general look and feel to the 1990 CC final with Wigan as well in their best ever shirt and everything glinting in bright sunshine.

I`m puzzled by your fondness for the away shirt. Vertical stripes always suggest soccer or Aussie Rules to me.

Yeah I'm not a fan of vertical stripes as standard, but I'm not averse to them as a bit of a change. This is a version of another 90s kit, when we had some of my favourite players, Bateman, Ellis, Davies, Shelford, Gregory, Iestyn Harris, Rowland Phillips etc. So whilst I agree about stripes not necessarily being RL, neither are a lot of the random kits that are around. But I like this one for the nostalgia. 

If someone had shown me the Wigan home kit as a stand alone rugby jersey I would say I loved it. But as a Wiganer growing up with cherry and white am I allowed to like it?

As others have said, probably FC overall for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

If someone had shown me the Wigan home kit as a stand alone rugby jersey I would say I loved it. But as a Wiganer growing up with cherry and white am I allowed to like it?

Thats exactly my take too. I think its a really nice jersey, for Salford. Its just not Wigan.

12 hours ago, Dunbar said:

I can totally understand your feelings.

Personally, I can go along with the new Wigan badge with the old Hells Angel in the middle but I'm struggling with the much deeper shade of red, its almost Aston Villa proportions.

The new shirt design is really quite smart but it's simply not what you associate with Wigan.

I always think of them in red and white hoops, the red being a lot lighter than the current deep cherry. 

Archived