So strange ???

Chrome Dome

I know life is going through all sorts of difficulties for all at the moment....BUT....I've had to pinch myself to make sure I'm sort of ok.... this is after reading elsewhere on this RL site that Workington Town have not been invited to compete in the annual Challenge Cup comp ??????? (along with Rochdale and Doncaster also absent).....?

Can anyone provide some sense to this strange matter for me, and perhaps others as puzzled as I am.........maybe lockdown has caused me to miss something on this?

Strange indeed . Three League 1 clubs are there , although how and why they were selected I have no idea . What about the rest ? This isnt the 1865 tin pot cup , its THE Cup . I really dont know how all this has panned out

44 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

I know life is going through all sorts of difficulties for all at the moment....BUT....I've had to pinch myself to make sure I'm sort of ok.... this is after reading elsewhere on this RL site that Workington Town have not been invited to compete in the annual Challenge Cup comp ??????? (along with Rochdale and Doncaster also absent).....?

Can anyone provide some sense to this strange matter for me, and perhaps others as puzzled as I am.........maybe lockdown has caused me to miss something on this?

I think all League 1 clubs were giving the choice to enter or not, because there is a long gap till League starts, and you decided not to enter.

HW

1 hour ago, Havenwarrior said:

I think all League 1 clubs were giving the choice to enter or not, because there is a long gap till League starts, and you decided not to enter.

HW

I don’t know whether we chose to enter but others certainly did. I think the Rochdale chairman in particular is not happy a happy man.

11 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

So maybe I have missed a Town announcement to this effect then?...

They don't announce anything, still waiting for them to announce Tyler Mellor left

12 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

HW

Or alternatively 7 applied from L1 but the RFL only had 3 available places and have chosen 3 teams, though no one seems to know how these teams were chosen.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Or alternatively 7 applied from L1 but the RFL only had 3 available places and have chosen 3 teams, though no one seems to know how these teams were chosen.

Fairly certain it meant if they all went in that they would have to play a preliminary round on the 14th March which a lot of L1 clubs thought was too soon. May be wrong though (Haven supporter so bound to be 🤣)

1 hour ago, Marrafan said:

Fairly certain it meant if they all went in that they would have to play a preliminary round on the 14th March which a lot of L1 clubs thought was too soon. May be wrong though (Haven supporter so bound to be 🤣)

Thats the rumour though, Rochdales owner apparently has said they applied but were told there were limited spaces so wont be being entered.

45 minutes ago, dkw said:

Thats the rumour though, Rochdales owner apparently has said they applied but were told there were limited spaces so wont be being entered.

Sad really. I think it’s time they went back to all clubs entering in the first round. Give us all the chance to see the big teams and maybe produce a shock or two. Bring a bit of magic to it. Let’s hope we get to see some rugby this season.

Archived