Catalans Dragons Camping

Looks like Catalans will probably be camping out in UK this season to mitigate issues around covid. I suggested this last year and even did a decent breakdown of costs and got heavily slated for it.Ā 

If there are no home crowds allowed, it just makes sense. Toulouse should also set up camp and some of the costs could be shared, this will greatly minimise postponed games across the leagues.Ā 

36 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Bring them to Cumbria pretty sure the support they would get would be fantastic.

Yep Workington town should be on the phone to them offering DP as a home - Cats could stay and train in the lakes, use our great new pitch in a big stadium and Town could get the bar money as rent..... only problem not sure if any marras speak French so they may think its a crank call when they talk in a Cumbrian/French hybrid.... "Bonjour Marra Dyor wanna Lake int Derwent Park?"

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I can imagine the phone call now:

ā€œSt George? Yeah, itā€™s me Izzy Folau. Iā€™ll play for free, theyā€™re trying to make me swap the South of France for Workingtonā€.Ā 

That's why they should be based about 10 miles away in the lakes.

You don't think any Aussies who come over would want to live in say Wakefield or God forbid Wigan... they live miles out.

57 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I can imagine the phone call now:

ā€œSt George? Yeah, itā€™s me Izzy Folau. Iā€™ll play for free, theyā€™re trying to make me swap the South of France for Workingtonā€.Ā 

19 million visitors 2019 into the lakes 10 miles away Izzy or alternatively you could move to the stunning holiday destination's of Wigan, Bradford, Castleford or Wakefield??šŸ‰

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep Workington town should be on the phone to them offering DP as a home - Cats could stay and train in the lakes, use our great new pitch in a big stadium and Town could get the bar money as rent..... only problem not sure if any marras speak French so they may think its a crank call when they talk in a Cumbrian/French hybrid.... "Bonjour Marra Dyor wanna Lake int Derwent Park?"

Which top class training facility in the Lakes would that be ?

Have Workington secretly built aĀ new ā€œbigā€ stadium over the winter ?

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Which top class training facility in the Lakes would that be ?

Have Workington secretly built aĀ new ā€œbigā€ stadium over the winter ?

Keswick School or RUFC?? - great venues.

DP - Brand new pitch, lit bigger now the speedway track has gone and its a stadium used in the last UK WC and 4 nations.

Seems ok to me and better than being dumped in greater manchester or some small town in YorkshireĀ 

25 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

DP - Brand new pitch, lit bigger now the speedway track has gone and its a stadium used in the last UK WC and 4 nations.

Seems ok to me and better than being dumped in greater manchester or some small town in YorkshireĀ 

Except Keswick school & Keswick RFCĀ are hardly suitable for a top level professional sports club training base and good luck finding hotel accommodation in the lakes once lockdown ends.

But deemed unsuitable for the forthcoming coming World Cup.

Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™d love to see it happen but we just donā€™t have the facilities up here to support a fully professional sports team even if itā€™s only temporary.

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Ā FEV it is then.šŸ˜€

Archived