2021 Betfred League 1 Fixtures

41 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

London Skolars start with a home game on 8th May and don’t play again at home till 12th June. That’s some gap between games.

That's the problem with a 10 team league. The fixtures are odd though. The Bears have got most of their home games in May and June 

Has Skolars down to face Barrow on Tuesday 16th June 1530 KO. 16th is a Wednesday but why a midweek fixture ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

1 hour ago, Jeff Stein said:

They are at home to Coventry on 22nd May

Depending which site you look at, TotalRL article has them home 22 May, others say Away at Coventry on 23rd ?

Oh well TBC I suppose.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

London Skolars start with a home game on 8th May and don’t play again at home till 12th June. That’s some gap between games.

Rochdale Hornets do not have a home game after 8/5 until 27/6, probably because the football club will be returning the ground- again.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Well the RFL has it at Coventry and at home for Skolars on a Saturday in July. 

Well as we know the RFL is rarely incorrect (although it is presumably their press release Totalrl have used)

But having checked with Skolars they are saying it is an away game.

For the first time in years, more than half of our home games fall on my days off. Only problem is, what if the season starts behind closed doors?

Our first two home games are against Hunslet and Workington, games which would normally see the crowd boosted by good travelling support. We have four home games in May and June, if they are behind closed doors it will have a serious effect on our income.

For Rochdale and London, the lack of home games in those first two months could be a blessing in disguise, you could find crowds allowed back in time for the majority of your home games.

Lets hope it won't be a problem for anyone, and delaying the season until May pays off.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

22 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

That's the problem with a 10 team league. The fixtures are odd though. The Bears have got most of their home games in May and June 

....Which would mean less chance of fans seeing games at The Butts?

I'm trying to think why the bias has occured. 

Also notice consecutive weekends away in the Lakes!

1 hour ago, fearnowt said:

For the first time in years, more than half of our home games fall on my days off. Only problem is, what if the season starts behind closed doors?

Our first two home games are against Hunslet and Workington, games which would normally see the crowd boosted by good travelling support. We have four home games in May and June, if they are behind closed doors it will have a serious effect on our income.

For Rochdale and London, the lack of home games in those first two months could be a blessing in disguise, you could find crowds allowed back in time for the majority of your home games.

Lets hope it won't be a problem for anyone, and delaying the season until May pays off.

And not forgetting that whether we and West Wales are allowed spectators depends on Cardiff not London.

Unfortunately large gaps between home games tend to be a feature of L1 at the best of times (when ever they were!)

More positively am looking forward to the season starting and like others above, hope we can actually watch matches in person.

20 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

....Which would mean less chance of fans seeing games at The Butts?

I'm trying to think why the bias has occured. 

Also notice consecutive weekends away in the Lakes!

You'd think wouldn't you with less games to schedule there could be some thought about the best time for clubs to play each other. Surely they could be arranged to maximise potential crowds. 

Clearly change is needed but that should not mean reducing the number of leagues to two.

None of the Skolars games clash with London Broncos this season so you might have my (discounted*) presence for a few games this year at New River especially when The Hundred is on 😉

Any reason why Skolars matches kick off at 3.30pm this year ?

* Broncos Official Supperters Club Discount for Skolars games

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

None of the Skolars games clash with London Broncos this season so you might have my (discounted*) presence for a few games this year at New River especially when The Hundred is on 😉

Any reason why Skolars matches kick off at 3.30pm this year ?

* Broncos Official Supperters Club Discount for Skolars games

Rub it in why don’t you? 🙄We don’t get a discount to Bronco games In return but, of course, you’d be very welcome. 

I hadn’t clocked change in KO. Maybe it’s to give the travelling team more time to get down - although with all the added time goodness knows when matches will end. 

Archived