Leigh sign Brendan Elliot - according to MEN

Someone listed their starting 13 on here a few weeks back, and half the forward pack consisted of players who struggled to get a game for the Broncos in SL 2019.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

I understand that there's limited choices with signing's for the newly promoted team but players like Elliot add absolutely nothing to SL. He's 27 and only managed 66 top flight appearances in his career. He's been nothing more than a stand in / squad filler at every club he's been at and shown little in the way of talent.

pi$$ poor signing by Leigh

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Just now, Saint Toppy said:

I understand that there's limited choices with signing's for the newly promoted team but players like Elliot add absolutely nothing to SL. He's 27 and only managed 66 top flight appearances in his career. He's been nothing more than a stand in / squad filler at every club he's been at and shown little in the way of talent.

A squad filler in the NRL isn’t the same as a squad filler in the bottom half of SL. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I don't disagree, however these players have been making a strong living in SL for years. 

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

A lot of the time NRL squad fillers or stand ins are generally pretty good SL players. Some of the best players in SL are/were NRL squad fillers (David Fafita, Luke Yates, Joey Lussick, Kelepi Tanginoa, Grant Millington etc). 

Kelepi Tanginoa just made the SL dream team and is the definition of NRL filler (26 years of age, 33 NRL appearances in over 7 years).

You may be correct, it could be terrible or it turn out to be a very astute signing.

2 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Someone listed their starting 13 on here a few weeks back, and half the forward pack consisted of players who struggled to get a game for the Broncos in SL 2019.

Starting pack at present will be something like Flower Hood Sidlow, Thompson McCarthy, Peteru bench Gerrard  Mason Hellewell Ioane back up Spencer Bell Gee Wildie Ellis.

Strike back row, another back and a big grunt would be nice - but dont know where from

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Starting pack at present will be something like Flower Hood Sidlow, Thompson McCarthy, Peteru bench Gerrard  Mason Hellewell Ioane back up Spencer Bell Gee Wildie Ellis.

Strike back row, another back and a big grunt would be nice - but dont know where from

Interesting. Starting pack for Toulouse at the moment will be something like Casty, Pelissier, Garbutt, Peyroux, Paulo, Hansen, subs Dixon, Bretherton, Marion, Evans

Starting pack for Fev will be something like Kopczak, Brown, Harrison, Ferres, Day, Lockwood subs Moors, Jones, Bussey, Ferguson

I'm too biased as a Fev fan to make comparisions between Fev and Leigh, but for me there's a case for saying that Toulouse pack is at least as strong as Leigh's.

Still time for Leigh to make more additions, of course, and all they need to do is be better than one other team this year.

58 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting. Starting pack for Toulouse at the moment will be something like Casty, Pelissier, Garbutt, Peyroux, Paulo, Hansen, subs Dixon, Bretherton, Marion, Evans

Starting pack for Fev will be something like Kopczak, Brown, Harrison, Ferres, Day, Lockwood subs Moors, Jones, Bussey, Ferguson

I'm too biased as a Fev fan to make comparisions between Fev and Leigh, but for me there's a case for saying that Toulouse pack is at least as strong as Leigh's.

Still time for Leigh to make more additions, of course, and all they need to do is be better than one other team this year.

TO have gone for an old pack to take them up but have committed to longer contracts i believe, which will be a problem if they do go up.

Our pack will surprise a few PH, they aint small, and we have a brilliant spirit amongst the squad. The halves are looking sharp, just need to make sure they have finishers to work with.

Archived