Strange things you have seen for sale

Given that travel has been off the agenda for pretty much everyone I got to thinking about when we were able to travel and the things you may have seen for sale that are just strange.

My contribution to this is that for some reason, and I don’t know why, milk in Ontario is sold in large bags. Yes I did say bags. I can’t think why this is the case, it’s definitely not sold that way in BC. So what have you seen for sale that has just struck you as being odd?

I did once get a spam email from someone who wanted to sell me a tuna-fishing boat. I was quite impressed by the random nature of it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There used to be a shop about a mile up the road that has sadly gone, but they only sold two things, travel luggage and custom-made neon signs.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The first time I went into a branch of Lidl, they had the following items on special offer: frozen lobsters, trumpets, loudspeaker cable and edible underwear.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Oldbear said:

Given that travel has been off the agenda for pretty much everyone I got to thinking about when we were able to travel and the things you may have seen for sale that are just strange.

My contribution to this is that for some reason, and I don’t know why, milk in Ontario is sold in large bags. Yes I did say bags. I can’t think why this is the case, it’s definitely not sold that way in BC. So what have you seen for sale that has just struck you as being odd?

We like our milk in bags here...way better than those cartons...bags is the way to go!

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

The first time I went into a branch of Lidl, they had the following items on special offer: frozen lobsters, trumpets, loudspeaker cable and edible underwear.

Memories! Yes Lidl and Aldi always used to sell some strange combinations of goods for a discount grocery store.

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Not so much strange as a bloody nerve this but I saw a guy on Facebook selling a big pile of wood labelled ‘firewood for sale £30’. It was a load of floorboards, many of them still covered in paint and ###### like that. It was the sort of thing you’d struggle to give away, let alone sell. Muppet. 

he was probably trying to raise a few quid for the skip that the doors and plasterboard walling were going to go in

On 16/02/2021 at 23:44, Kayakman said:

We like our milk in bags here...way better than those cartons...bags is the way to go!

Milk in bags? 

That will never catch on... I mean can you imagine a cow walking around a field with a bag slung under its ######?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

In Barrowlands Market Glasgow someone was trying to sell a 1950's Formica kitchen chair with a broken leg and a piece of lino  about a yard square with a rip from the edge to the centre.

Ron Banks

On 17/02/2021 at 09:22, Oldbear said:

When i was a child milk was sold in plastic bags in my part of Australia.

16 hours ago, Bearman said:

Milk in bags? 

That will never catch on... I mean can you imagine a cow walking around a field with a bag slung under its ######?

MY God!!!!.....you folks in the Old World have lost your way!!!!!  You have been so modernized you have lost your senses:  "Its called an udder!"

I was thinking about you Bearman when I was shoveling off my roof at the camp the other day...I snowshoed in...lots of snow here...lots...going X Country skiing in a couple of hours...lots of snow in the deep bush.

Hang in there Bearman...The Wolfpack ain't dead yet methinks.

42 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

MY God!!!!.....you folks in the Old World have lost your way!!!!!  You have been so modernized you have lost your senses:  "Its called an udder!".

Whooooosh!

Run with the pack K'man.

We will meet up again!

Ron Banks

On 16/02/2021 at 22:53, CanaBull said:

Walking into Lowes over here and just about falling on the floor going past a display of kitchen counter appliances.  The brand was Smeg.  Still can't see any of them without getting Kryten stuck in my head.

The first time I saw that brand was in New Zealand, and knowing what the word means bio-anatomically, I thought they were having a prank.

Archived