I Don't Care thread

Sometimes it seems hypocritical or out of place to comment on a particular topic that you simply don't care about that topic or talking point.

Feel free to share the things here in life and the news that you struggle to give a toss about despite public attention. It could be a fad you don't get or something so in your face it makes you passionately scream "I don't care!"

I'll start... Harry and Megan, back in the news today, dividing opinion again. I don't care!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

Sometimes it seems hypocritical or out of place to comment on a particular topic that you simply don't care about that topic or talking point.

Feel free to share the things here in life and the news that you struggle to give a toss about despite public attention. It could be a fad you don't get or something so in your face it makes you passionately scream "I don't care!"

I'll start... Harry and Megan, back in the news today, dividing opinion again. I don't care!

That upsets monarchists only. If you are not caught up in the virtues of knowing your place, it is a non-issue.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

I think the older you get the less you care about a lot of things that once would have enraged you, you realise you can't change things so why bother reacting.

As a example of your point whenever education is mentioned be it Covoid related or the funding of not having any family involvement I just switch off mentally, couldn't care less, the same applies for royalty, celebrity, golf, tennis, horse racing darts, snooker and ru only flicker's a interest if the news is detrimental to it.

Showbiz news:

Always did seem vacuous and vain, but I actually think it helps fuel a desire to be famous completely outweighing the need to be, erm, a good person or even vaguely good at doing something to create self esteem.

As a result of this I can hand on heart say I don’t care and am sceptical about the fame credentials of showbiz characters where I can’t attribute it to talent in something.

Or the world is changing and I am getting old.

38 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I think the older you get the less you care about a lot of things that once would have enraged you, you realise you can't change things so why bother reacting.

Oddly, I seem to be going the other way. I find that there are an increasing number of things that I would previously shrugged off or said, "That's just how things are" whereas now … not so much. It's probably just lockdown frustration being rechannelled. I am very pleased to see just how radical on so many issues young people seem to be at the minute and I hope that continues. Far more so than I, or anyone I knew, ever really was.

As for things I genuinely don't care about now … I have next door to no interest in the nostalgia-thons a significant chunk of my friends seem to want to indulge in all the time. ("Who remembers why you needed a pencil with a cassette …" etc etc).

I also find that I now have no interest - and no interest in finding out - what's popular any more. Whether that's TV, film, music, books, whatever. And I used to be someone who was obsessed with the charts in all of those things until pretty recently.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Don't care about the content of showbiz news, but I care passionately about i's existence on the news. It gives me an excuse to shout incoherently at the TV instead of shouting at this forum. 🙂

I find the One Show perfect for that, I made it to the second minute yesterday before the biblical levels of banality made me swear at the simpering idiot (Ashley? Ashton?) making Alex Jones look like David Dimbleby. 

5 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Oddly, I seem to be going the other way. I find that there are an increasing number of things that I would previously shrugged off or said, "That's just how things are" whereas now … not so much. It's probably just lockdown frustration being rechannelled. I am very pleased to see just how radical on so many issues young people seem to be at the minute and I hope that continues. Far more so than I, or anyone I knew, ever really was.

As for things I genuinely don't care about now … I have next door to no interest in the nostalgia-thons a significant chunk of my friends seem to want to indulge in all the time. ("Who remembers why you needed a pencil with a cassette …" etc etc).

I also find that I now have no interest - and no interest in finding out - what's popular any more. Whether that's TV, film, music, books, whatever. And I used to be someone who was obsessed with the charts in all of those things until pretty recently.

Yes. It is nice not to be dead, but it seems to be the proudest acheivement of many people's lives.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Harry & Meghan been stripped of their Royal titles & Duties, well that's what they wanted when they went to her homeland, and told the British press to leave them alone. Except every two weeks there seems to be a press release from them.

I really don't care, but what income do they have now. Universal Credit?

I think they should be dealt with like their Russian Cousins, loaded in to a Garage in Wolverhampton (Rather than Ekaterenburg), and body parts distributed to parts of the Empire HM Queenie has given to it's rightful owners. 

The only problem is there is so many of them....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne

60 listed here, and I am sure many more will come forward.

Obviously, posting about anything on this thread could mean that one DOES care...except it doesn't in these cases.

Bearing that in mind, here goes,

1. Masterchef.

2. Mockneys, such as Jamie Oliver

3. Jamie Oliver

4. Anything on  BBC TV 3

5. Mock the Week

6. "Punk" rock

7. The Guardian.

8 Nicholas Witchell

9. Haloumi

10. Party Political Broadcasts of any form

etc etc etc etc ......

Just now, JohnM said:

Obviously, posting about anything on this thread could mean that one DOES care...except it doesn't in these cases.

Bearing that in mind, here goes,

1. Masterchef.

2. Mockneys, such as Jamie Oliver

3. Jamie Oliver

4. Anything on  BBC TV 3

5. Mock the Week

6. "Punk" rock

7. The Guardian/Sun/Daily Mail/Daily Mirror/Daily Express

8 Nicholas Witchell

9. Haloumi

10. Party Political Broadcasts of any form

11. Anything made by Apple.

12. Battery powered cars

13. Lexie from "Monarch of the Glen

14. The whole Kardashian tribe and concept.

15. Steve Coogan

etc etc etc etc ......

5 hours ago, JohnM said:

Not quite but ok. While this doesn't affect me due to having neither Facebook or friends with children but the cliche answer would be endless Facebook photos of your friends' children.

24 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Thinking all refs are bent against my team(s) has totally disappeared. I much more readily watch sport for its theatre, rather than the result.

Sport is way more enjoyable once you accept that refs are fallible humans (like the players and coaches) and not corrupt bar stewards.

This morning's "Who gives a ****" moment is dedicated to Ms Kim Kardashian and Mr Kanye West.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

Sport is way more enjoyable once you accept that refs are fallible humans (like the players and coaches) and not corrupt bar stewards.

I've seen far, far, far too many games in the flesh and on TV (across all sports) and the number of times I've, on reflection, thought that the referee was deliberately biased (not corrupt but favouring one side for whatever reason) is a bare handful. Probably somewhere around 0.01% of the total.

(This excludes any and all games involving the Qatar national handball team whose dubious lengthy journeys in some IHF tournaments are beyond eyebrow raising and now something of an open joke, along with the team).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The Royal stories just keep on coming to mask the Government's dubious contract awarding shennanigans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56137887

File under "Man and woman have baby". Mind you, that baby has to grow up knowing its grandad was Prince Andrew.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived