I Don't Care thread

1 hour ago, M j M said:

So have we determined that "I don't care" is generally a euphemism for "I absolutely loathe"?

It goes to show in this day and age of online outrage and cancel culture there's no room for not having an opinion.

Everyone has to shout louder to be heard.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Northern Eel said:

Oh, and Valentine's, Halloween etc. I don't care.

I care about Halloween because I have to remember to switch the front house lights off and put the bins in the way of the drive. Short of a sign saying SOD OFF it's the best I can do.

Valentine's - nah. And, thankfully, that's an attitude shared by the marvellous Mrs Ginger.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

You're full of humanity today, I see. 😊

Concerned. Looks like a bad crash, Tib & Fib pinned, ankle & foot plated, good luck to the multi-millionaire golfer. 

However, that might end his golfing career, Commentary job anywhere?

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Concerned. Looks like a bad crash, Tib & Fib pinned, ankle & foot plated, good luck to the multi-millionaire golfer. 

However, that might end his golfing career, Commentary job anywhere?

Apologies. I thought for a moment that as you were posting this on the I don't care thread. you were indicating you didn't care. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Apologies. I thought for a moment that as you were posting this on the I don't care thread. you were indicating you didn't care. 

Eldrick Tont Woods has earned $800m+, he can take a break, sorry, some time off. He will get a commentary job, even with CBS or ESPN

He is 45 years old, he has had an operation that most people pull through, yet the media is saying wow, he is conscious, of course he is, this was a 2 hour routine trauma procedure. FFS this is a simple op that I have witnessed many times.

15 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Eldrick Tont Woods has earned $800m+, he can take a break, sorry, some time off. He will get a commentary job, even with CBS or ESPN

He is 45 years old, he has had an operation that most people pull through, yet the media is saying wow, he is conscious, of course he is, this was a 2 hour routine trauma procedure. FFS this is a simple op that I have witnessed many times.

Oh well, what's he complaining about FFS?

Glad I don't care about Mr Woods , to jump a centra reservation and roll your car over and over 4 times you have to be going very , very fast , thankfully the sweet and lovely person didn't kill or seriously injure anybody else , no sympathy whatsoever , idiot 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Glad I don't care about Mr Woods , to jump a central reservation and roll your car over and over 4 times you have to be going very , very fast , thankfully the sweet and lovely person didn't kill or seriously injure anybody else , no sympathy whatsoever , idiot 

52 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

When they talk about the Bulldog Spirit, French Bulldogs sum up everything about the French, small, whiney, hang around in handbags, #### in the street, spend more time eating and sleeping than doing anything productive.

You ok bro?

James child coming out.

No secrets in rugby.

Hardaker teld us then hicks confirmed it in sainsburys.

Boveeeerrrreeed?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

On 20/02/2021 at 13:24, M j M said:

So have we determined that "I don't care" is generally a euphemism for "I absolutely loathe"?

I don't think that's quite right, MjM.

I really don't care about films or tv programmes where people are acting, or so-called 'reality' tv shows. I can't hate them because I don't watch them. I just genuinely don't give a shiny shiite.

I couldn't tell you what the last film I watched was (it was probably a kids' animated film when my boys were young). The last time I went to the cinema was the Hyde Park Picture House in 1989. We watched 'Withnail and I' and it was hilarious. 

I like watching wildlife, politics and comedy on tv but anything that involves people acting just makes me switch off. 

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

I don't think that's quite right, MjM.

I really don't care about films or tv programmes where people are acting, or so-called 'reality' tv shows. I can't hate them because I don't watch them. I just genuinely don't give a shiny shiite.

I couldn't tell you what the last film I watched was (it was probably a kids' animated film when my boys were young). The last time I went to the cinema was the Hyde Park Picture House in 1989. We watched 'Withnail and I' and it was hilarious. 

I like watching wildlife, politics and comedy on tv but anything that involves people acting just makes me switch off. 

True, there are lots of things to be genuinely ambivalent about in the world.

Perhaps I should have said, "have we determined that "I don't care" in this thread is generally a euphemism for "I absolutely loathe"?"

Archived