Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reality TV, in the various guises. I really don't care about these people or what they have to say.

The memsahib,  District Nurse Sister Carol Evans has resigned today. She's said "sod it".... and isn't having any more. After 42 years service to the NHS she is of the belief that I would angry..

Oddly, I seem to be going the other way. I find that there are an increasing number of things that I would previously shrugged off or said, "That's just how things are" whereas now … not so much. It's

James child coming out.

 

No secrets in rugby.

Hardaker teld us then hicks confirmed it in sainsburys.

Boveeeerrrreeed?

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2021 at 13:24, M j M said:

So have we determined that "I don't care" is generally a euphemism for "I absolutely loathe"?

 

I don't think that's quite right, MjM.

I really don't care about films or tv programmes where people are acting, or so-called 'reality' tv shows. I can't hate them because I don't watch them. I just genuinely don't give a shiny shiite.

I couldn't tell you what the last film I watched was (it was probably a kids' animated film when my boys were young). The last time I went to the cinema was the Hyde Park Picture House in 1989. We watched 'Withnail and I' and it was hilarious. 

I like watching wildlife, politics and comedy on tv but anything that involves people acting just makes me switch off. 

Edited by Leeds Wire
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

I don't think that's quite right, MjM.

I really don't care about films or tv programmes where people are acting, or so-called 'reality' tv shows. I can't hate them because I don't watch them. I just genuinely don't give a shiny shiite.

I couldn't tell you what the last film I watched was (it was probably a kids' animated film when my boys were young). The last time I went to the cinema was the Hyde Park Picture House in 1989. We watched 'Withnail and I' and it was hilarious. 

I like watching wildlife, politics and comedy on tv but anything that involves people acting just makes me switch off. 

True, there are lots of things to be genuinely ambivalent about in the world.

Perhaps I should have said, "have we determined that "I don't care" in this thread is generally a euphemism for "I absolutely loathe"?"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, M j M said:

True, there are lots of things to be genuinely ambivalent about in the world.

Perhaps I should have said, "have we determined that "I don't care" in this thread is generally a euphemism for "I absolutely loathe"?"

Aye, many seem determined to be outraged for attention. Never mind, I get fed up with the binary nature of today so I started a thread for the silent majority.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go on then, given your antipathy towards me I will do it...

I don't care about the I don't care thread.

I expect loads of abuse, but, guess what?

I Don't Care.

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Go on then, given your antipathy towards me I will do it...

I don't care about the I don't care thread.

I expect loads of abuse, but, guess what?

I Don't Care.

Here you go, bleep. Which is worse, to suffer loads of abuse or to be completely ignored and suffer none at all?

And I don't care either.

Cheer up, pal.

  • Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cars, a means getting from a to b, it is not something to get all horny about and salivate over. I couldn't care less now many doofers and gadgets your throb machine has.

 

Edited by Padge
  • Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Padge said:

Cars, a means getting from a to b, it is not something to get all horny about and salivate over. I couldn't care less now many doofers and gadgets your throb machine has.

 

I choose my company car by giving her the list and waiting with indifference. 

  • Haha 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Here you go, bleep. Which is worse, to suffer loads of abuse or to be completely ignored and suffer none at all?

And I don't care either.

Cheer up, pal.

Oh, receiving abuse is definitely worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JohnM said:

Given that posting on this thread indicates I DO care, I'm going to revert to posting on the rant thread.😃

Finally, someone gets it!

**Hallelujah**

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

Finally, someone gets it!

**Hallelujah**

So it should have been a one-post thread? If you cared then you wouldn't have posted it in the first place, you hypocrite. 

Or something 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

So it should have been a one-post thread? If you cared then you wouldn't have posted it in the first place, you hypocrite. 

Or something 😜

Not quite but nice try!

It was meant to be a place to share indifference instead of a distinct polarised opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Not quite but nice try!

It was meant to be a place to share indifference instead of a distinct polarised opinion.

Its a fine line. 

Indifference towards the Bulls/ hmmm, only possible now they are in the doldrums. Indifference towards Leeds? Impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Not quite but nice try!

It was meant to be a place to share indifference instead of a distinct polarised opinion.

Its a fine line. 

Indifference towards the Bulls? hmmm, only possible now they are in the doldrums. Indifference towards Leeds? Impossible.

edit - I am indifferent about films because I never watch them, but I get annoyed when people bang on about them. 

So, as you were. Good thread Hindle.

Edited by Leeds Wire
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Its a fine line. 

Indifference towards the Bulls? hmmm, only possible now they are in the doldrums. Indifference towards Leeds? Impossible.

edit - I am indifferent about films because I never watch them, but I get annoyed when people bang on about them. 

So, as you were. Good thread Hindle.

This probably came about from not working and watching daytime television, most notably Jeremy Vine on Channel 5, and seeing the guests with different opinions on all the topics, although often the opinion fit their own agenda or ideology. And more and more often I found myself thinking I simply didn't care about these topics or opinions. I would also occasionally look at the cesspool known as Twitter and the baffling outrage at something that could be avoided, watching a show especially to slag it off out of either boredom or attention. Then I realised that this is most likely the ends of the spectrum and really most of us don't have strong opinions either way about a lot of things. So I started a thread for those people and those things.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The memsahib,  District Nurse Sister Carol Evans has resigned today. She's said "sod it".... and isn't having any more.

After 42 years service to the NHS she is of the belief that I would angry.....

Reality..... I do not care one jot. Its about smeggin time she jacked in with all that carry on. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fashion... I don’t care at all.

During the colder parts of the year I’ve been wearing the same jumper to work regularly for around 20 years. It will be there when I retire too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/03/2021 at 14:14, Robin Evans said:

The memsahib,  District Nurse Sister Carol Evans has resigned today. She's said "sod it".... and isn't having any more.

After 42 years service to the NHS she is of the belief that I would angry.....

Reality..... I do not care one jot. Its about smeggin time she jacked in with all that carry on. 

I did the same after 30 years as an ODP. I had enough. when my hearing came up, I couldn't be bothered to defend myself.

1% pay rise? Stick it.

Edited by Bleep1673

Where were you last Thursday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I did the same after 30 years as an ODP. I had enough. when my hearing came up, I couldn't be bothered to defend myself.

1% pay rise? Stick it.

There’s thousands and thousands of people who would settle for a 1% pay rise right now but that’s for the politics swamp.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...