Price to go

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a long way from home and after the past year or so, can you blame him for wanting to be somewhere more familiar with some more familiar faces around?

Will be interesting to see whether he lasts the year and who they go for as his replacement. I suspect, they’ll look down under again. 

51 minutes ago, Damien said:

A lot of Warrington fans don't seem too keen on the rugby played under Price anyway.

Correct, Plus the fact that he had a brilliant squad to work with.  

We just want to be entertained, so now that the shackles are off maybe we'll have a good season with the ridiculously good talent we have.

#anyonebutwane 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

A lot of Warrington fans don't seem too keen on the rugby played under Price anyway.

It's no coincidence that people aren't seriously tipping us as contenders despite some of the talent in the squad. 

As a bare mimimum, a team containing Ratchford, King, Inglis, Charnley, Austin, Widdop, Clark, Currie and others should be exciting to watch and be a real danger in any game they play. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's no coincidence that people aren't seriously tipping us as contenders despite some of the talent in the squad. 

As a bare mimimum, a team containing Ratchford, King, Inglis, Charnley, Austin, Widdop, Clark, Currie and others should be exciting to watch and be a real danger in any game they play. 

Absolutely. Widdop was a top NRL player who commanded high respect but you'd never have known it seeing him in a Warrington jersey last year.

Hopefully the shackles will come off now and the talented squad will play to its full potential. In a way it is good timing, the pressure is off the coach, he has been open with the players and the club can take their time to go through a careful process to select the coach for 2022 onwards. 

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Odd contribution from Ritchie Mathers imo

22 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I would never question attitude of this Wire squad, tactically the worst I have seen. 

It doesn't smack of a squad that needs a huge overhaul. 

i saw this last night, and it was intriguing, also his later tweet saying it was something price had inherited.

there's not been any rumours regarding this playing group to my knowledge, not like under dvdv where the playing group was divided between locals and overseas, or under cullen when they were on the pop all the time (with cullen).

It's a head scratcher, i thought he left on pretty good terms, could it possibly be a pop at ownership/management,

i know FitzPatrick is not the most popular amongst our fans.

28 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i saw this last night, and it was intriguing, also his later tweet saying it was something price had inherited.

there's not been any rumours regarding this playing group to my knowledge, not like under dvdv where the playing group was divided between locals and overseas, or under cullen when they were on the pop all the time (with cullen).

It's a head scratcher, i thought he left on pretty good terms, could it possibly be a pop at ownership/management,

i know FitzPatrick is not the most popular amongst our fans.

Mathers has certainly been known to be a bit of an attention seeker on twitter (I like him btw, so not a criticism) - so I wouldn't be surprised if its this. It did read as though it was aimed at Fitzpatrick tbh, he criticised the squad claiming issues, but exonerated the coach completely - describing him as a friend.

Price has clearly been unhappy with some of the signings, his treatment of a few of the players seems odd - Burrell, Latu, Akauola for example. His turning against Patton was odd - although I don't rate him. 

But if Price is grumbling about the squad and personnel he has been given, I think he will soon learn to realise how good he had it in future roles. 

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

How long before Price leaves? I can’t see him seeing the season out, tbh. If Warrington hit a tough patch of form there’s bound to be questions raised about motivation and whether people’s heads are in it. 

I think the current environment means it is more likely that we will stick with him for the year and start afresh in 2022 in hopefully more positive times.

9 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Won’t announcing that your coach is leaving at the end of the season negatively harm the team?

Is it possible to stay highly motivated listening to someone on the way out?

If they want a change why not now rather than have a lame duck coach right from the start?

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. I'm not sure why players wouldn't respond to somebody who won't be there in 2022. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I'm not sure I follow the logic here. I'm not sure why players wouldn't respond to somebody who won't be there in 2022. 

The logic is in most team sports the coach or manager who declares they are stopping is usually considered a lame duck.

This affects the motivation of players and I believe even the coach himself.

There are countless examples of it in other sports where it hasn’t worked.

Archived