Perseverance Mars Landing live stream

NASA "Touchdown successful".

Rugby League fans "That was a MILE forward!"

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I see they have collected rock samples that will be brought back to Earth in a future mission.

Frozen mutant alien virus, anyone?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

I see they have collected rock samples that will be brought back to Earth in a future mission.

Frozen mutant alien virus, anyone?

This mission collects it the next mission in 5years will send it up into Mars orbit. Then 5 years later another mission will bring it back. So you have plenty of time to get your affairs in order. I myself welcome our Martian overlords. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Typically 21st Century - NASA sends this thing all the way to Mars, and the first thing it does it take a selfie.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Typically 21st Century - NASA sends this thing all the way to Mars, and the first thing it does it take a selfie.

And go on Twitter.

I wish it had said "Don't no this number. Who dis?"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

like a kids trip to the seaside- it seems to take an age to get there, stay there  for a while, bring some rock home, look at the rock and realise it wasnt worth the trip

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, voteronniegibbs said:

we've just watched this, absolutely incredible footage

Tip of the iceberg, too. I'm really looking forward to when they launch the drone.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 1 year later...