Perseverance Mars Landing live stream

Starts at 7:15pm today (UK time)

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

NASA "Touchdown successful".

Rugby League fans "That was a MILE forward!"

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I see they have collected rock samples that will be brought back to Earth in a future mission.

Frozen mutant alien virus, anyone?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

I see they have collected rock samples that will be brought back to Earth in a future mission.

Frozen mutant alien virus, anyone?

This mission collects it the next mission in 5years will send it up into Mars orbit. Then 5 years later another mission will bring it back. So you have plenty of time to get your affairs in order. I myself welcome our Martian overlords. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Typically 21st Century - NASA sends this thing all the way to Mars, and the first thing it does it take a selfie.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Typically 21st Century - NASA sends this thing all the way to Mars, and the first thing it does it take a selfie.

And go on Twitter.

I wish it had said "Don't no this number. Who dis?"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

like a kids trip to the seaside- it seems to take an age to get there, stay there  for a while, bring some rock home, look at the rock and realise it wasnt worth the trip

they come swinging round that corner, they think they're benny goodman

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

like a kids trip to the seaside- it seems to take an age to get there, stay there  for a while, bring some rock home, look at the rock and realise it wasnt worth the trip

Will it come back 40 quid lighter after forking out for parking and the kids 3 hours in the amusements?

• Haha 1

Wibble

• Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, voteronniegibbs said:

we've just watched this, absolutely incredible footage

Tip of the iceberg, too. I'm really looking forward to when they launch the drone.

• Like 1