NRL Europe.

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

This article just seems a rehash of opinions from various threads on here.

It was written by a guy called Gingerdavetocks

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

All very melodramatic. 

"It is abundantly clear the Super League head office is in desperate need of a clear-out and restructure."

"Something has to change, and fast"

"bruides and battered Super League"

"the faults in our failing system".

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

All very melodramatic. 

"It is abundantly clear the Super League head office is in desperate need of a clear-out and restructure."

Yeah, in my opinion it paints a pretty false picture to suit the authors opinion.

If the NRL wanted to create a European League to rival SL it would be great, each NRL club could fund a club in a major European City, 16 teams, broadcast across the continent. The winners would then play the winners of SL for the title European Champions, somewhere the Nou Camp or Bernabeu. You could have the Amsterdam Roosters, Munich Sea Eagles, Milan Tigers and so on, playing in major football stadiums. Teams like AC Milan, Bayern and Ajax could also buy a stake in the clubs, joining up their marketing departments. 

Is that TRL forum enough? 

It is abundantly clear the Super League head office is in desperate need of a clear-out and restructure. 

Who in particular?

Amazon Prime TV have made a great success of their sports coverage so far — that could work.

Amazon wouldn't pay £40m for coverage - it won't work.

If, however, they are offering a friendly hand with the intention of being stronger together, then that feels too good to turn down.

Surely, the NRL & SL are working together to make the stronger? If not, why not?

Who knows what the future of Super League looks like? But something has to change — and fast. 

Why the drama? The sport is crying out for consistency more than change. We've had 15 years of constant changing.

This is a battle to save the sport, and there may not be many solutions better than inviting those who do it best to troubleshoot the faults in our failing system.

The sport doesn't need saving - it's thriving in the Southern Hempishere. 

I'm quite sure the chairmen and staff are regularly troubleshooting to improve their clubs and leagues.

---

Who wrote this article? 🤷‍♂️

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Was a bit of a wild one. I opened the link expecting some facts or inside information which was sadly lacking. We don't need to go to the main site to get uninformed nonsense we have it right here!

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

NRL Clubs lost a combined $AUD33+ million in 2019 and are a long way from being " well-sponsored " or as "well sponsored" as they should and could be. I reckon there is at minimum 10 years more work to do down here yet.

No this white knight won`t be charging over the hill any time soon, the only possible way is if there is PE money attached but even with that the NRL have got their hands too full to be taking on a massive job like reorganising European Rugby League.

1 minute ago, The Rocket said:

NRL Clubs lost a combined $AUD33+ million in 2019 and are a long way from being " well-sponsored " or as "well sponsored" as they should and could be. I reckon there is at minimum 10 years more work to do down here yet.

No this white knight won`t be charging over the hill any time soon, the only possible way is if there is PE money attached but even with that the NRL have got their hands too full to be taking on a massive job like reorganising European Rugby League.

Indeed , Aussies are stu , sorry arrogant , but not that arrogant 😉

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Indeed , Aussies are stu , sorry arrogant , but not that arrogant 😉

Mate if you ever come down here every snake ,spider, shark and croc is going to be after you !😉 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

If the NRL wanted to create a European League to rival SL it would be great, each NRL club could fund a club in a major European City, 16 teams, broadcast across the continent. The winners would then play the winners of SL for the title European Champions, somewhere the Nou Camp or Bernabeu. You could have the Amsterdam Roosters, Munich Sea Eagles, Milan Tigers and so on, playing in major football stadiums. Teams like AC Milan, Bayern and Ajax could also buy a stake in the clubs, joining up their marketing departments. 

Is that TRL forum enough? 

The Amsterdam Roosters could play the Pyongyang Pylons in a pre-season game in sports mad Singapore, Covid permitting of course.

Er, that article is just a list of vague speculation. Right up there with the worst piece of sports journalism I’ve ever seen. Has someone given the enthusiastic but inexperienced 15 year old work experience kid access to the content management system by mistake?

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

They distanced themselves from this a while ago so it’s a bit of a weird time to make such an article. 

This is pretty much all that needs saying. The NRL have already said they've no interest in doing this. So even if they had the expertise and capacity to run a British league they aren't about to.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...

Having beaten COVID-19, NRL sets its sights on conquering the Pacific (msn.com)

Not sure if you can open this, but the last paragraph says at Fridays Annual General meeting the clubs were told that the NRL would consider buying the English Super League if a business case could be put forward.

In another move typical of V`landy`s it was proposed that the NRL will seek 10`s of millions of dollars of Government money to expand the game in to the Pacific. A program I gather that will capitalise on the governments` and public fears of the growing influence of China in the region. Apparently high level negotiations are already under way.

It is important to remember this was the bloke who got $400m of the Government money for the horse racing industry when we had the Equine fever outbreak several years a go and negotiated $40m off the state government when world Catholic youth day used Randwick race course for a couple of days back in 2008.

8 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Having beaten COVID-19, NRL sets its sights on conquering the Pacific (msn.com)

Not sure if you can open this, but the last paragraph says at Fridays Annual General meeting the clubs were told that the NRL would consider buying the English Super League if a business case could be put forward.

In another move typical of V`landy`s it was proposed that the NRL will seek 10`s of millions of dollars of Government money to expand the game in to the Pacific. A program I gather that will capitalise on the governments` and public fears of the growing influence of China in the region. Apparently high level negotiations are already under way.

It is important to remember this was the bloke who got $400m of the Government money for the horse racing industry when we had the Equine fever outbreak several years a go and negotiated $40m off the state government when world Catholic youth day used Randwick race course for a couple of days back in 2008.

The word "if" after your bit in bold should be in red, font size 300, underlined and flashing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The word "if" after your bit in bold should be in red, font size 300, underlined and flashing.

Yeah I probably stopped the highlighted part one word too early, but it`s interesting that they are putting it out there, they might be seeing what pops up.

Mightn`t hurt your broadcast negotiations either if Sky know that a Murdoch backed competition that plays the same sport is sniffing around.

On 18/02/2021 at 18:26, Dave T said:

All very melodramatic. 

Similar to "If things round here don't change, they'll stay the same" 😊

Archived