Longo leaves

Maureen T-k

On 25/02/2021 at 17:27, Chris Taylor said:

Just what I was told that Robin was also leaving the club to go to Bradford. Not see anything official from the club, but I'm not sure you would to be honest. 

Yes I told that our finance manager Robin Knight was going along too. 

Im Fev and im proud

Don't see why we need a full time C.E.O. for this season.There will be thousands of C.E.O.'s over the country who have lost their jobs due to the pandemic.Don't be insular stretch out and interview a few candidates to go part time this season as a trial and if we get into S.L. a full time contract will be on offer If they have grasped the working practices.I don't think the candidate has to be fully conversant with R.L. if they have a bit of sporting business acumen.Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can spot ways to improve which people on the inside pass by.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2021 at 10:20, The Phantom Horseman said:

That's a bit of a blow. We did seem to portray ourselves in a very professional manner during the time he was here. His former colleague Ryan Sparks is now CEO at Bradford City so the move made sense from that respect, hope he does well there.

I wonder if this will mean that Steve Gill will take over as CEO, or if we'll be looking for someone new to fill the role.

Nope - Steve has confirmed his own departure today. Bit of a changing of the guard at the club at the moment.

19 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Nope - Steve has confirmed his own departure today. Bit of a changing of the guard at the club at the moment.

So no CEO, football manager, finance or commercial directors. Who is running the club? Very unsettling start to a season off the field. 

As I understand it we have a new CEO. Time is being given for him to settle in. Officially 1st April is takeover date. I think his name was mentioned earlier with a few adverse remarks about him. Haven't heard of any other appointees.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Having been on this forum for about ten years, I believe the usual procedure in these instances is:
1 We all get antsy and post messages asking what's going on
2 Robin Evans posts "it'll be reight"
3 He is proved to be correct

😊

11 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Having been on this forum for about ten years, I believe the usual procedure in these instances is:

Not this time unfortunately.

21 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think ur reight it will blow over in a couple of days, let’s get on with the game on Friday night

Archived