All Star Game: Indigenous v Maori

Thanks to a very early delivery, I found myself up in time to watch the second half of the women's match. A one-sided scoreline, as an inexperienced but spirited Indigenous side were outplayed by a Maori team filled with WNRL players.

Now for the men's game!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Throwing spears, eh? One way to nobble the opposition's tricky halfback... whoops mate! Total accident, honest!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not much in it so far - Indigenous 2:0 Maori after the first quarter.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Plenty of errors so far but good to see the Aussie RL back.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Plenty of errors so far but good to see the Aussie RL back.

Live Rugby League and spectators; a good way to start the weekend.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

thought this was a 10am start (UK).. bloody hell.

You haven't missed any tries, at least.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Normally don`t watch pre-match entertainment but was really looking forward to tonights and wasn`t disappointed, stirring stuff, so good for the indigenous kids to see a bit of their cultural heritage done with such passion and on the big stage.

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Pity Sky cut off the coverage that we missed the Maori prematch.

Shared by the NRL on Facebook if you want to get your fill.

Very impressive.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Why is Latrell Mitchell so permanently angry?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

Why is Latrell Mitchell so permanently angry?

He`s a spoilt brat, it`s funny you say that when I was watching that nonsense in the in-goal I was thinking the best you could say to that bloke is `grow-up`.

50 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Didnt think it was a particularly engrossing game but it just signifies the  NRL is round the corner

The attacking play was a bit rusty, but the physical commitment was already up to speed. As was Latrell's dickheadishness.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Latrell`s a Taree boy, our farm is literally at it`s southern most point 200-300 metres away from the Aboriginal suburb named Purfleet, established there because the story goes that`s where the Aboriginals use to camp, in the original title of our farm in 1850 ( I know that is not very  old compared to you blokes) there is a clause stating that the local aborigines " are free to enter the property and live off the waterholes". Different times, although I have heard of other stories of the early settlers round here having Aboriginal camps on their farms.

think billy slater was almost there when he he said - latrell is the best left side centre in the game - he didn't add he is not a fullback and he is not greg inglis so stop being a baby and do your job at centre

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

think billy slater was almost there when he he said - latrell is the best left side centre in the game - he didn't add he is not a fullback and he is not greg inglis so stop being a baby and do your job at centre

Isn`t Billy Slater an ornament to the game, he`s insightful, measured, never boorish or plays the boofhead card like too many RL commentators can, cue commentator, ' do you ever read the rulebook Andrew;  Johns," What`s a book". Leave it out mate.

Archived