Bluetooth issues on laptop...help please!

For yonks now, my headphone socket on my laptop has been out of action so I bought myself some Sony WC100 bluetooth earplugs to use instead. Worked perfectly for months until...

My lad has moved into the spare bedroom while his gets a thorough refurb. He had a hard wired ethernet cable from the router downstairs into his pc in his bedroom but not in the spare bedroom. Instead of running another cable I used a BT 600 broadband extender kit so he could still use his pc in the spare bedroom. I then realised my bluetooth stopped working on my laptop and had a message on it saying wireless LAN and bluetooth could not be used at the same time. I then ran a new ethernet cable from the router to the spare bedroom for him, unplugged the BT kit and my bluetooth started working again, albeit not quite as well as before and after a few days has packed up completely. I tried removing the pairing between laptop and the Sony earplugs and reinstalling it but my laptop is just telling me the bluetooth on it is turned off.

I've searched the internet but can't find any way of how to turn it on again. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L750 1E5 if anyone can help.

Please! 

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

Is this Windows 10? Have you tried to turn it back on in settings\devices\Bluetooth and other devices?

There doesn't seem to be anything to click to turn it on, although I admit to being a bit cr ap at IT. And it is windows 10.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

There doesn't seem to be anything to click to turn it on, although I admit to being a bit cr ap at IT. And it is windows 10.

Take a look at this which has some great troubleshooting steps which are easy to follow:

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Take a look at this which has some great troubleshooting steps which are easy to follow:

Thanks but still no joy.

I think it might work if I could only find out how to turn it on.

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Settings -> Devices-> Bluetooth & othe devices, should be an on/off button at the top of the page.

Thanks but, sadly, there isn't.

On 21/02/2021 at 08:25, Old Frightful said:

For yonks now, my headphone socket on my laptop has been out of action so I bought myself some Sony WC100 bluetooth earplugs to use instead. Worked perfectly for months until...

My lad has moved into the spare bedroom while his gets a thorough refurb. He had a hard wired ethernet cable from the router downstairs into his pc in his bedroom but not in the spare bedroom. Instead of running another cable I used a BT 600 broadband extender kit so he could still use his pc in the spare bedroom. I then realised my bluetooth stopped working on my laptop and had a message on it saying wireless LAN and bluetooth could not be used at the same time. I then ran a new ethernet cable from the router to the spare bedroom for him, unplugged the BT kit and my bluetooth started working again, albeit not quite as well as before and after a few days has packed up completely. I tried removing the pairing between laptop and the Sony earplugs and reinstalling it but my laptop is just telling me the bluetooth on it is turned off.

I've searched the internet but can't find any way of how to turn it on again. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L750 1E5 if anyone can help.

Please! 

No idea if this would work or not but on a useless old machine that Little Ginger had for a time we got around the laptop itself not recognising his bluetooth headphones by using a USB bluetooth adapter that did the job. It cost a few quid off Amazon.

(My memory may be missing out a few details but I don't think it is).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 27/02/2021 at 07:12, gingerjon said:

No idea if this would work or not but on a useless old machine that Little Ginger had for a time we got around the laptop itself not recognising his bluetooth headphones by using a USB bluetooth adapter that did the job. It cost a few quid off Amazon.

(My memory may be missing out a few details but I don't think it is).

Ta, after a lot of frustrating unsuccessful attempts to find out what the issue is, I've opted for one of these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CV5WBMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If it doesn't sort it then it's only £6.98 down the pan.

I'll let you know Wednesday evening how I've got on with it.

Plugged the USB bluetooth gizmo in and when I bring up "Bluetooth and other devices" it now says my bluetooth is turned on.

But none of it works still.

Really fed up now.

Archived