Paul Sykes surely the last....

I did a quick search and Super League's oldest player in the 2021 season is Kevin Brown.

He debuted in 2003, as did the NRL's oldest player, Benji Marshall.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

Gareth Ellis? He debuted in 1999 and is going around again

Is he? He hasn't got a squad number for this season, according to the club's website.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Gareth Ellis? He debuted in 1999 and is going around again

I don't think so - he said recently that he has now most definitely retired from playing and enjoys coaching much more.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I did a quick search and Super League's oldest player in the 2021 season is Kevin Brown.

He debuted in 2003, as did the NRL's oldest player, Benji Marshall.

Other leagues are also available.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Other leagues are also available.

Yes, I tried searching, but couldn't find an obvious source for the information, short of visiting each club's website and hoping they had debut dates listed.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

So I thought he made a u turn and was, but can’t see any reports on it when looking so maybe a dreamed it 😂

Ellis has retired again.

I Googled Paul Sykes a couple of months ago and noticed he is going around again. He must be the 'longest-serving' player in the world because I can't even remember 1999 😁

The guy is an absolute legend - he'll actually turn 40 during the course of this season 😳

I checked back and he made his full debut for the Bulls on July 11th 1999 - playing on the wing in a 56-6 drubbing of Warrington. I was in the crowd that day. How times have changed in the intervening 20+ years...

7 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

For a minute there I thought you were talking about this bloke 😉

Legend 😂😂😂

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

FFMM made his debut in the Bartercard Cup in 1998. He will be 41 this year.

Wow! I know he's a veteran, but that's a few years more than I thought.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived