New French coach

barnyia

Fraysinous full time  coach, trent Robinson director of rugby, david collado as manager 

I couldn't imagine cologni agreeing to a director of rugby above him so probably the reason hes left. As you cant turn down input from trent. 

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Trent Robinson as Director of Rugby is very interesting. Hopefully he can instigate some real improvements to the setup.

Allows Robinson to get involved with on field stuff as much as he wants without upsetting the Roosters. Good move

17 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Fraysinous full time  coach, trent Robinson director of rugby, david collado as manager 

I couldn't imagine cologni agreeing to a director of rugby above him so probably the reason hes left. As you cant turn down input from trent. 

Dream team

Hope Robinson is slightly less involved with the team duties and is putting in place standards and pathways and developing that side of things, myself.

I think Fraysinnous is a terrible appointment but get that they may well want a French based/French speaker as their head coach and I can appreciate that Sylvain Houles may want to concentrate on Toulouse. 

1 minute ago, Damien said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case after what happened with Toronto.

Sadly I think its the case one of the ex Canadian Wolfpack employees told me weeks ago that it looks as if its gone.

I would not be surprised as the Ottawa sports group have had a real bad time due to this pandemic and their focus will be on getting their CFL team who pull in around 20/23000 a match back up and running again.

Paul

I'm surprised by some of the negativity towards Laurent Frayssinous as coach, I mean he was never that bad at Catalans.

In his 4 seasons / 139 games as Coach, the Dragons won 66, drew 6 and lost 67... Certainly not hopeless and if you compare it to other Dragons coaches, he did better than Potter and Walters and is on par with McNamara.  Only Robinson did better and he will be there helping Laurent along the way.

For me, whilst ideally you'd want Robinson to have the capacity to be the main coach, this is the next best option.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Robinson, what a coup for the French. 

There is a strong link between the Roosters and French Rugby League, I think way back when they remodelled their jumper after a French League team toured Australia, hence the tri-colours and the `Rooster` emblem, I think the Roosters motto may even be a play on `Liberty, Fraternity....`.

Very exciting appointment, Roosters are a very wealthy and ambitious club, there could be some very interesting synergies there.

8 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

A full time coach at France - and for Ottawa Aces?

He may leave a large carbon footprint - or Ottawa no longer require his services.

Surely the France job can’t be full time? They hardly play any games and their federation have even less of a pot to p155 in than ours? 

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Rumours are that Ottawa Aces are as dead as the Dodo:(

As soon as TWP were booted out I thought that would be the case, massive shame but why would anyone put a cent into a club who are blatantly not wanted by the SL hierarchy. From an outside point of view there does seem to be loads of positive stuff going on in French RL though. 

13 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

There is a strong link between the Roosters and French Rugby League, I think way back when they remodelled their jumper after a French League team toured Australia, hence the tri-colours and the `Rooster` emblem, I think the Roosters motto may even be a play on `Liberty, Fraternity....`.

Very exciting appointment, Roosters are a very wealthy and ambitious club, there could be some very interesting synergies there.

The Roosters could literally buy the French or at best do a deal and use them as a nursery for the club.

1 hour ago, Yakstorm said:

I'm surprised by some of the negativity towards Laurent Frayssinous as coach, I mean he was never that bad at Catalans.

In his 4 seasons / 139 games as Coach, the Dragons won 66, drew 6 and lost 67... Certainly not hopeless and if you compare it to other Dragons coaches, he did better than Potter and Walters and is on par with McNamara.  Only Robinson did better and he will be there helping Laurent along the way.

For me, whilst ideally you'd want Robinson to have the capacity to be the main coach, this is the next best option.

He failed to get them beyond seventh, assembled a pretty terrible side and led them to the brink of the abyss, through a Million Pound Game at Leigh. Seven wins in his final six months as Catalans coach, with just three of those wins against Super League opposition at the time.

International Rugby League should be the pinnacle of the game, this appointment isn’t that, IMO. 

2 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

Quite. Laurent is a top bloke, intelligent and articulate. Trent thinks a lot of him and recommended him to Bernard to take over from him. I trust Trent’s opinion more than some keyboard warriors

Sound great from Robinson. I do like everything I hear from Lacoste too, he really seems intent on driving French RL forward:

However, Robinson views his role as an ongoing one and wants to restore France to its former glory as one of the world's top league-playing nations.

"It is a big task and that is why you have got to be in love with the game of rugby league and with France," the three-times Telstra Premiership winning coach said. 

"I couldn’t say no to something that has given me so much so whatever the task was I was going to take it on. I have told them that this is not a short-term thing for me, I want to see it build."

New FFRXIII president Luc Lacoste said the appointment of Robinson, considered one of the best coaches in the game, highlighted France’s ambition to again be a force at international level.

"His experience at a very high level should allow the French team to grow quickly and soon find themselves in the top five of the world elite," Lacoste said. "His involvement is a credit to the French team and its ambitions."

NRL 2021: Sydney Roosters, Trent Robinson, coach to help guide France at World Cup - NRL

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is ALL great news there are 3 key elements 

* Toulouse eventually to Super League (Then thats it done and dusted 2 teams in France is enough)

* Massive focus on Elite 1 promotion and re-building the traditional clubs 

*National team

Paul

And it is all quite achievable with the right people at the helm, and Lacoste seems that person, and a will from all the necessary stakeholders like Super League and other governing bodies when it comes to the international game.

14 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Robinson brought his Roosters side twice to main land Europe in the lead-up to the WCC across the Channel. He invited Toulouse Olympique and their coach Sylvain Houles to share a training session up in Paris and followed that up next time ditto with the Catalans Dragons and Steve McNamara to Barcelona's Olympique Stadium.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Lacoste seems to be doing a good job for certain things. But it's easier for him as the federation doesn't have massive debts anymore thanks to the outgoing president/team. They had massive debts and they got them back into credit. They never had a chance to do anything as they had no money. If the federation would have been in the same position as when Palanque took over there wouldn't have been three lists trying to get the presidency. 

Archived