New French coach

barnyia

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is ALL great news there are 3 key elements 

* Toulouse eventually to Super League (Then thats it done and dusted 2 teams in France is enough)

* Massive focus on Elite 1 promotion and re-building the traditional clubs 

*National team

Paul

I'd also add Pacific XIII to that too as they could be another source of players

7 hours ago, barnyia said:

Lacoste seems to be doing a good job for certain things. But it's easier for him as the federation doesn't have massive debts anymore thanks to the outgoing president/team. They had massive debts and they got them back into credit. They never had a chance to do anything as they had no money. If the federation would have been in the same position as when Palanque took over there wouldn't have been three lists trying to get the presidency. 

Palanque left the FFRXIII in a better state than he inherited it. Whilst there will always be those who will say that he should have done more, what he did has laid a decent foundation for Lacoste.

Some of the things Palanque did included reducing the Federation's debt and increasing revenues, helping secure more coverage for the Elite One competition, overseeing increases in participation, creating a partnership with Touch France and taking some much needed steps to try and improve the on field performance of the French national teams (not everything worked, but they did win a Euro Championship and Qualify for the RLWC).

Let's hope Lacoste continues to build on this, though based upon his first couple of months so far, he is off to a positive start.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

On 22/02/2021 at 05:50, ATLANTISMAN said:

Sadly I think its the case one of the ex Canadian Wolfpack employees told me weeks ago that it looks as if its gone.

I would not be surprised as the Ottawa sports group have had a real bad time due to this pandemic and their focus will be on getting their CFL team who pull in around 20/23000 a match back up and running again.

Paul

Any more inside info?

4 hours ago, Omott91 said:

Any more inside info?

I certainly don’t, apart from being a Canadian resident who can see that we have little prospect of seeing fans back in stadiums till mid fall at the earliest. NHL currently behind closed doors, schedule is Canadian teams play each other only till play offs, which will probably end up in US cities or Edmonton, Raptors NBA playing all “home” games in USA, Blue Jays baseball looking like it will go the same way and CFL has no idea what’s going to happen. Given all that, with travel restrictions, no or very limited crowds and other logistics issues I can’t see any way you could get Ottawa up and running for some time, by then it’s probably gone for ever.

3 hours ago, Oldbear said:

I certainly don’t, apart from being a Canadian resident who can see that we have little prospect of seeing fans back in stadiums till mid fall at the earliest. NHL currently behind closed doors, schedule is Canadian teams play each other only till play offs, which will probably end up in US cities or Edmonton, Raptors NBA playing all “home” games in USA, Blue Jays baseball looking like it will go the same way and CFL has no idea what’s going to happen. Given all that, with travel restrictions, no or very limited crowds and other logistics issues I can’t see any way you could get Ottawa up and running for some time, by then it’s probably gone for ever.

Hopefully not but I do lean towards your thinking. Let's look for the positives, at least their instagram is still active, unlike Nyc.   

Archived