"Super" League

13 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

Come of it. Carter has his merits, but he gets far too much of a free pass from Wakefield fans. 

His achievement has been to keep the lights on and barely much else. He certainly doesn't seem to be driving any meaningful growth and when you look at the dramas that the club seem do go through when it comes to player discipline, disputes over player pay and welfare (including minimum wage breaches), his conduct in the press and the state of the club facilities all being issues under his watch, there's a lot to critique. 

If those sorts of issues were going on at the club I supported, I'd be asking questions of the man at the top.

I haven’t said he has achieved much at all.  Please don’t twist my words and I do not agree with the way he dealt with the player salary reductions but the ground and externals are a ****state.  Any other CEO going into that job might have their own money to plot into it but would do not much more. There is too much cost other than for a local Euromillions winner or rich sugar daddy. We have to ask how many other CEOs would take that financial risk on as well as other risk which I will not go into.

Then there are the legal issues that surround it plus the council support and building issues.  Other CEOs might have done a lot better on that score as well as dealing with the players salary reductions and training facility.

The RFL could have quite easily said that the ground does not conform. Go and have a look at the ground and then reconsider.

20 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

When Gareth Ellis went from Leeds to the NRL he said he was shocked by the difference.

At Leeds the players were treated like Premier League soccer players when the facilities were amazing and everything was done for them.

After his first match in the NRL he was told he had to wash his own kit.

Realy depends on which club you go to - on either side of the world. Saying that of all the pro clubs in the 2 top leagues in the RL world I bet Wakey come last or next to last on facilities etc

Wash his own kit. Haha, that’s a good one.

I wonder how long they got away with that one for. 

I remember we used to send the apprentice around to all the restaurants to ask if we could borrow their left handed sky hook. Fun times.

19 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Now now, no naming calling young Thomas. Relevant to the thread overall however - I'd say with some confidence both Hunslet Club Parkside and Hunslet Warriors have better training facilities than Wakefield. 

T'was only in jest. And yes on the two amateurs vs Trin facilities - its no contest.

Archived