17th May

25 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

It could be as few as two games without fans for League One clubs, which is a small positive for them. 

Possibly seven games without fans for the Championship. 

I'm not sure that's just serendipity.

I suspect the late start was geared to a shrewd guess as to whether crowds could return.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

5 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

I wonder if there will be calls for some games to be deferred to after May17th.This would probably mean midweek fixtures which is not ideal but if you can play after that date with fans it is worth considering.

They had already moved the Easter fixtures to be fair, I suspect in readiness for today's announcement 

From the Guardian:

Step 3 – no earlier than 17 May

For sport, indoor venues can have up to 1,000 spectators or half capacity, whichever is lower; outdoors the limit will be 4,000 people or half capacity, whichever is lower. Very large outdoor seated venues, such as big football stadiums, where crowds can be spread out, will have a limit of 10,000 people, or a quarter full, whichever is fewer.

24 minutes ago, JohnM said:

From the Guardian:

For sport, indoor venues can have up to 1,000 spectators or half capacity, whichever is lower; outdoors the limit will be 4,000 people or half capacity, whichever is lower. Very large outdoor seated venues, such as big football stadiums, where crowds can be spread out, will have a limit of 10,000 people, or a quarter full, whichever is fewer.

Good news for city,they can finally sell out the Emptihad 😂

30 minutes ago, JohnM said:

From the Guardian:

I wonder what the definition of "very large outdoor seated venues" is? Perhaps Wigan, Hull FC and Huddersfield will qualify which would give them capacity to let in around 6000 fans. Looking promising. 

Just now, Toby Chopra said:

I wonder what the definition of "very large outdoor seated venues" is? Perhaps Wigan, Hull FC and Huddersfield will qualify which would give them capacity to let in around 6000 fans. Looking promising. 

I took that as being anything that could be considered a stadium, as in not the touchline separated by a bit of rope at a local club. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Only 3,300 will be allowed in at Widnes for their first game back with fans, who are going to be the unlucky 3,300?

I would say season ticket holders first and foremost, then on application and drawn out of an hat.

Just re-read it Keith, and can now see the humour in your post. 

Just now, barnyia said:

29th march for team amateur team sports? 

Doed this include rl? 

I think there was a question in Parliament about this, I believe so and rugby was specifically mentioned with the clarification being, yes but not with scrums. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

42 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Huddersfield getting 6000 fans in wouldn’t be promising,it would be a miracle.

1 hour ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Only 3,300 will be allowed in at Widnes for their first game back with fans, who are going to be the unlucky 3,300?

Hopefully I'll be one of the unlucky lucky ones!

55 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Who are Huddersfield going to let use their ground to hit that number?

Archived