FEV friendly

tms

James Webster’s men will  face  Oldham RLFC on Saturday 6 March at 1:30pm.

the game  will take place behind-closed-doors at the Millennium Stadium, however we will be bringing all the action from this fixture to Rovers TV for FREE!

Supporters will be able to watch on Rovers TV without having a premium membership, just visit the Rovers TV website and click the ‘LIVE’ tab during the time of the fixture

1 hour ago, POR said:

James Webster’s men will  face  Oldham RLFC on Saturday 6 March at 1:30pm.

the game  will take place behind-closed-doors at the Millennium Stadium, however we will be bringing all the action from this fixture to Rovers TV for FREE!

Supporters will be able to watch on Rovers TV without having a premium membership, just visit the Rovers TV website and click the ‘LIVE’ tab during the time of the fixture

Cheers for the info, I'll be tuning in. 

Hi Tandle,

The game will be free to view on Saturday, see details here: https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/pre-season-friendlies-confirmed-nTFY1

Snip "...Supporters will be able to watch both clashes on Rovers TV without having a premium membership, just visit the Rovers TV website and click the ‘LIVE’ tab during the time of the fixtures..."

If you want to access the other Rovers TV content then this is chargeable.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Didn't expect us to win but we need to close down their attack. We gave them far too much space and allowed them to play. First try for them wouldn't be given 9 times put of ten. We need to get the tackling bags out. Cut out the mistakes.  We were rusty. Thought 26 James Barran showed some good nifty moves on attack, definitely one for the future. I'm not too disheartened given fev are going to be pushing for super league.  

Fev looked like they'd not played for 2 weeks whilst we definitely looked like we haven't played for a year. Defence out wide was very poor and Hall, Holmes and Chisholm cut us to ribbons. The new rules also look like they favour the attacking teams as we didn't get to touch the ball for the majority of the first half because of tries and 6 agains.

Thought Barran and Fletcher were impressive in the second half . Hartley struggled massively but was his first ever game at this standard

Hope Dupree's injury isnt too bad , looked to be a twisted ankle. Dont get too downhearted lads.

Mixed bag as expected but Fev will be best team in division and starting 13 mostly full time. Thought we looked better when Charnock went to hooker (his kicking from hand was poor) and Hewitt and Barran looked a better balanced pairing. Kirk, Sherriffe, Dupree, Fletcher, Ince played well. Fullback and wing looked weak today.

As has been said, Fev looked very strong and will be up there this season.

We looked very rusty, especially defensively on the edges. The lads coming on from the bench improved things and I liked the look of Dupree and Gregory at hooker. Second half we started to move the ball a bit better and competed more.

A lot of improvements to be made but I expect us to be better next week. The first game in 12 months against quality opposition was always going to be difficult. 

2 hours ago, OL14.yeds said:

As has been said, Fev looked very strong and will be up there this season.

We looked very rusty, especially defensively on the edges. The lads coming on from the bench improved things and I liked the look of Dupree and Gregory at hooker. Second half we started to move the ball a bit better and competed more.

A lot of improvements to be made but I expect us to be better next week. The first game in 12 months against quality opposition was always going to be difficult. 

By rights Fev should walk this league so they aren't really a yardstick for your team. Wait until Disco weaves his magic.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

By rights Fev should walk this league so they aren't really a yardstick for your team. Wait until Disco weaves his magic.

Assuming COVID doesn’t stop Toulouse travelling their squad is the one to beat. Though for me this is the strongest Fev squad for a long time.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Very hard to watch but has said, Fev are full time pros and they looked as though they had all been playing together. They also looked leaner, more athletic and faster than us especially in defence.

Oldham, looked as though they had just met in the pub - all strangers to each other, didn't look fit and their defence was all over the place with holes, as the commentator said "You could have sailed a submarine through it!"

To their defence, it was the first time they have played together, they never gave up and showed some glimpses of good attacking rugby. It would be interesting to see the possession figures. I feel Oldham only had about 15/20 minutes with the ball and that tended to be in their own 20 metres or walking back to the middle to give the ball back to them after they had scored a try! It's a shame the scoring side don't kick off to defending side, at least that way Oldham would have had more ball in hand.

I can only hope Diskin has an idea of his starting 13 for the Fax game and hopefully will have sorted out their defensive patterns.

I'm still looking forward to what will be a great season, finishing 10th from the top!

Us staying up. I'd quite happily settle for that. It's a lopsided division anyway with full timers and semi pro in the same table. Say if fev do get to superleague let's see what happens to them then. They'll probably be in the same boat as us now. 

Think some of these comments about Fev being "full-time pros" need a bit of qualifying. There are a few of the squad who don't have another job outside rugby - which is certainly an advantage - but most of them have full time jobs, even some of the recent recruits from SL such as Kris Welham who now works full-time in pest control.

Fev train three times a week, in the evening, which would be similar to most Championship clubs.The two full-time teams in the Championship are Toulouse and London.

Of course there is a big difference in budgets between Fev and Oldham and there are definitely at least two tiers, if not more, in the Championship in that respect. Whether that should be addressed by making SL bigger, or the Championship smaller, or some other move, I don't know.

I think the fact that a lot of the Fev players have been there for a couple of years really helps and a lot of the new players have come from SL. Scary thing is there is still Junior Moore’s, Dale Ferguson, Tomas Minns and Brett Ferres to come into that Fev team.

Archived